Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What am I having a look at? You said:

“I am getting nervous that it will take 2 first rounders to get this done to save face and spare west coast facing the wrath of their supporters. West coasts erratic valuing of picks and players is worrying.“ and I asked why we needed to save face.

As far as I’m concerned I don’t see anything HFC have done that needs them to ‘save face’. The media may be pushing this angle but we should be doing what’s best for HFC, not what’s best for WCE or any other club. I don’t give a shit what the media or other supporters say, I just want to see Tom Barrass land at HFC tomorrow for a reasonable price, and IMO that is not 2 first rounders.
If McKenzie is in the game of helping teams save face , he is not the man to be doing our wheeling and dealing. He might as well just stick to being a scout.

It is a weird one - as 27 is dangerously close to Marshall, their academy player.

Wonder what they're planning. I seriously, seriously doubt it's Lewis - they need a forward for their whole year, not just the pointy end. Would be a massive risk to roll the dice this way.

Clearly a play for something else - or maybe points for Ashcroft that will push this pick back.
Could it be a play for Reeves?

I see us eventually compromising on the F3 and WCE accepting F1 + F2.
F1+F2+33 for Barrass and Pick 27

Essentially traded Pick 14 for Barrass and Second round pick upgrade. Keeps our Future picks untouched for movement on draft night if need be. Smart trading.

Wtf would Paul roos know about our inner dealings ffs? Irrelevant pile of cow shit.
He just can’t control his Hawthorn hatred from all the beatings we gave him as a player. He comes across pathetic. Should have been arrested as a coach for bringing the game into disrepute, for how boring his game plan was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Translation: I'm upset that Hawthorn is competent at negotiating & know the correct value of trades. Jog on Roos
I still can't understand how a 1 x premiership coach is considered to be a "master" coach....

TOM BARRASS

West Coast stuffed itself around by letting pick 14 slip last week and surely can’t turn down an offer built around Hawthorn’s future first and second. The Hawks have played this well and should still get their man.
VERDICT: LIKELY

i'm in shock - we have a media person actually making sense!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back