News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no ill feelings toward Dan I just didn't fall for the happy to stay rubbish & loves the club crap it's lip service to happy clappers like expat, once the wheel is in motion they just want out and to a desirable location & the managers push it as hard as possible.

It's on us because always facilitate people.
It's such a pissant "Professional League" the AFL. They quasi try to be like every other Professional Sports League in the world and copy bits and pieces from American and European Sport, but when it's time to actually treat the players like commodities/Assets and things like contracts and free agency actually mean something, when push comes to shove it's all about the players feelings. Wellbeing and "mental halth" and the players/managers just rort it.

We’ll finish 4th-8th next year, serve up a big ol’ turd in a home final, and Kenny will be praised for dragging this sack of sh¡t as far as he did.
Don't forget Koch will extend Hinkley's contract because making finals is the pass mark and we wound't want the distraction of Ken being out of contract during finals.

If there's one thing you can rely on with this club the last 10 years, it's when you think they couldn't possibly do anything dumber than all the things already done, they manage to do it. This is burning the place to the joint on the way out by Ken, Cripps, Davies and co.

I used to at least have some hope that when Ken was (finally) gone, there was the bones of a good list for the next coach. The trading periods the last 2 years have wrecked that notion. It is now very much an average list. This is a 6-12 list. I've long since given up on then thinking 'Well once it underperforms there's no way Ken can remain'. Goal posts will just be shifted again, so they can all windmill up and down the hallways at Alberton.

So hoorah, we're going to get either Ken extended again, from some bullshit metric met, or the list is so toast, we'll get happy clappers potting us that we should have kept Ken, as the new coach has us bottom 6, because it'll take at least 5 years to undo the last 2 years of mismanagement of the list.

If there's one thing you can rely on with this club the last 10 years, it's when you think they couldn't possibly do anything dumber than all the things already done, they manage to do it. This is burning the place to the joint on the way out by Ken, Cripps, Davies and co.

I used to at least have some hope that when Ken was (finally) gone, there was the bones of a good list for the next coach. The trading periods the last 2 years have wrecked that notion. It is now very much an average list. This is a 6-12 list. I've long since given up on then thinking 'Well once it underperforms there's no way Ken can remain'. Goal posts will just be shifted again, so they can all windmill up and down the hallways at Alberton.

So hoorah, we're going to get either Ken extended again, from some bullshit metric met, or the list is so toast, we'll get happy clappers potting us that we should have kept Ken, as the new coach has us bottom 6, because it'll take at least 5 years to undo the last 2 years of mismanagement of the list.
Your posts are way too sensible.

Good for Danny boy. He's gone to the biggest club who have a proven winner coaching them, a dynamic midfield/forward line (and now a complete back line). Say whatever you want about Collingwood but their approach to the AFL reminds me of a certain club who wanted success at the SANFL level before joining the national comp.

It's been fun, Port.

Thank you, fûck you, bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's such a pissant "Professional League" the AFL. They quasi try to be like every other Professional Sports League in the world and copy bits and pieces from American and European Sport, but when it's time to actually treat the players like commodities/Assets and things like contracts and free agency actually mean something, when push comes to shove it's all about the players feelings. Wellbeing and "mental halth" and the players/managers just rort it.
The back slaps at AFL House as the best player up for grabs in the trade period ends up at an MCG tenant behemoth again lol.

Honestly anyone who hasn't already renewed for next year and does after this, deserves the shitshow they are wasting their money on.
Well I’ve always kept my membership up no matter what.
As much as I hate to do so I might have to pass next year.
What happened today is worse than anything the club has dished up over the years including the 21 preliminary final.
The frustrating thing about it is you don’t have to be very smart to work out this is total shit.
It amazes me sometimes how people in highly paid jobs can be so fking stupid.
There’s no words for it.

Aww come on now, heaps of clubs would kill to be in our position.

We’ll finish 4th-8th next year, serve up a big ol’ turd in a home final, and Kenny will be praised for dragging this sack of sh¡t as far as he did.

Then we’ll hit trade week, lose Butters for pick #17 and George Hewett, and do it all again.
FTFY

Im sure Paul Connors will look after us on the next trade...lol.
Just imagine for a second Paul Connors getting a player to accept a lesser deal to come to us next time because he "owes us one".

Yeah thats how stupid we are.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back