Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

So I realised

We won the qualifying final by 7. We lost the previous one by 7.

We won the prelim by 1. We lost the previous one by 1.

We won the granny by 4. We lost the previous granny by 4!

Edit: not 4 points to west coast. Was 5. Sounded good anyway lol
Sorry to be that other guy, Geelong beat us by 6.

It’s amazing how calm I’ve been all final series and especially coming into the Grand Final, up until today.

Today I’ve been a bit emotional. Just reliving what I witnessed yesterday and watching back some footage.

The Daicos brothers celebrating the win yesterday with their family and partners on the ground was absolutely wholesome.

The footage of Adams and Noble embracing their teammates with tears flowing from their face was bittersweet.

Moore’s speech, encapsulating what the Magpie Army brings really hit home.

Fly’s speech and the news about the birth of little Maggie, absolutely incredible. What a wonderful story.

Watching Peter Moore celebrate after the siren with Darcy, trying to hold back tears then handing him the cup moments later. Wow, that will forever be ingrained in my memory.

The team song renditions they had going, where it was just the players and their kids, then the whole squad, staff, family and friends. Again, very wholesome.

De Goey placing his premiership medal on his grandmother who’s been really sick. F*** I was fighting back tears.

They say footy is just as game, but gee it brings people together.

This flag is for every single one of us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Great post Eric

Was at a celebration party today, and unfortunately there was a salty Carlton fan present, who was saying that Moore, Frampton, Checkers, Ginni, Maynard, Markov etc etc ‘didn’t do a lot’.

OK. We could argue about their contributions, or the fact that the way we play does not rely on individual effort. But - HELLO SCOREBOARD! - we won the premiership.
Just means their flog team is even further off the pace if they can’t beat Brisbane but we can without hitting top gear. :cool:

I was so over the moon yesterday I forgot to post! Man. The biggest hangover in 13 years!
Just watched the replay.
Bobby! What a gun
Pendles. Crisp. Mitchell.
Every contest.
Tears still flowing.
What a beautiful Spring and off season we'll all lead!
Stay safe and well and enjoy it again and again my Collingwood family!
Side by side!
Xx

It feels like the new era has begun and we’ve cleansed the final remnants of the Eddie/Bucks era out for good with this flag. We definitely are capable of more and I can’t wait for the future. The culture that Fly has built in just two years is phenomenal. We are so bloody lucky he’s coaching the club we love and that Darcy is our captain

Notice how we didn’t see a single Eddie shot through the entire game yesterday?
And unfortunately, with Fox not having rights to the GF, no Bux.
Bux has been with us 100% on the ride that has been the last two years. Which deserves respect.
I hope he was at the inner sanctum functions as there are players in this win who have his fingerprints all over them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really important that Bobby and Beau were both able to get up the ground. Right from the start of the game they were getting up into the midfield and helping to run the ball forward. Despite an ordinary game Ginnivan playing helped to facilitate that.

Especially in the first half Bobby and Beau were crucial to our performance.

Not that it matters, but don't know how so many Norm Smith judges had Coleman as second best. Disappeared when the game was on the line, only 5 disposals in the second half. Nick, Crisp, Pendles were all better. Might be partly because they have to make the decision before the end of the game - if I'm right on that.
Lions only lost by 4 points and it was a see saw battle... you're not going to get 5 Magpies in the top 5 Norm Smith candidates..

Long time lurker - thought I’d make an account to get around the positive vibes. How ******* good was yesterday!! My 5 and 3 year old sons are definitely fans for life now. Carn Pies!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Welcome aboard and join the fray, get in and amongst it.

What a time to be a Pies supporter!

Sexy mob

1VgQxyvN.JPG
Markov is my hero.

I had to buy a different one. 2 different ones were already sold out
On the AFL shop website, one of the men's Premiership polo styles had already sold out this afternoon.
I read that $500K of Geelong merch sold in the 24 hours after last year's GF - pfffftt!
This year we could add a zero to that!

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Back