Player Watch #1 GigaChad Warner: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

chad.jpg

Chad Warner
When the Sydney Swans swept up Chad Warner with pick 39 at the 2019 AFL Draft, they secured a youngster with an insatiable appetite for the contest. Warner attacks the ball and opponents with aggression and is relishing calling midfield bulls Josh Kennedy and Luke Parker his teammates at the Swans. Warner impressed for Western Australia in the 2019 AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 18.2 touches (50 per cent contested), 3.2 clearances and 6.8 tackles per game. He also tallied an average of 27.1 disposals, 6.4 clearances and 7.4 tackles per match at Colts level for East Fremantle in 2019. He earned his AFL debut against Richmond in Round 6 of the 2020 season, recording eight disposals and two tackles.

Chad Warner
DOB: 19 May 2001
DEBUT: 2020
DRAFT: #39, 2019 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Willetton (WA)/Aquinas College (WA)/East Fremantle (WAFL)

Last edited by a moderator:

Make it make sense!!!

If he wants to leave, we should make it happen for the club’s sake!

View attachment 2128151
The problem is that if he wants to see out his contract and have another crack next year before going back home in '26, there is nothing we can do about it.

We can't trade him unless he wants to go and he's got every right to stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We aren't winning a flag next year. Especially if we think shifting the deckchairs will put us in a stronger position.

Eh i dont know how the defence and Grundy are going to get through yet ANOTHER 24 weeks of football win 16-17 games just to be in a favorable position again.

Its going to be a very tough start to the season with the reported surgeries planned.

I get the sentiment behind trading him this year to maximise our returns but I don't think that's the play.

A lot can change in 12 months time, we should be backing ourselves to try to keep him, and it's not like we're going to get a poor return for him next year regardless.

We aren't far off a Premiership like keep trying to insist. We're a few days removed from a second GF appearance in 3 years FFS and I'd back our improvement next year to match, or be close enough to matching, other clubs next year (outside of maybe Brisbane given the players they have to return, their list is scarily good) to hold our position. I think the only older player on our list that's nearing the end that will be particularly hard to replace is Rampe.

We do need to win more clearances though. I think that means starting one of Warner/Gulden on a HFF or wing - they should almost never be at the same centre bounce if we want to be competitive there. We need Sheldrick to break into the best 22 next year, or maybe Mills to find his mojo again in the midfield.

Any talk of getting Serong for Warner is fanciful. He seems very settled at Fremantle, there's no reason he would be interested.
I don't know what game you saw on Saturday, but I saw one team play incredible football and the other team, who had everything going their way, make a total arse of themselves, just like they did 24 months prior.
This team ain't winning no flag till it gets some heart and grunt - Warner gives us neither.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #1 GigaChad Warner: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back