Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey GR, I know they were doing one of these with the leaders as well. Has that come out and I've just missed or it's not been released yet?

Hey mate, we've recorded the leaders' version with Jack, Luke, Jy and Taz, and will be posting in the next couple of weeks.

Hope you all enjoy the Cunners edition.

Hey mate, we've recorded the leaders' version with Jack, Luke, Jy and Taz, and will be posting in the next couple of weeks.

Hope you all enjoy the Cunners edition.
Thanks, mate, I appreciate it. I remember seeing Simpkin quoted in an article the other week, so I thought I might have missed the release of the footage.

Love it. The whole team do such a great job in keeping us connected to the footy club at a time when a lot of people feel justifiably distant given our lack of accessible home games over the last 18 months or so.

Thanks, mate, I appreciate it. I remember seeing Simpkin quoted in an article the other week, so I thought I might have missed the release of the footage.

Love it. The whole team do such a great job in keeping us connected to the footy club at a time when a lot of people feel justifiably distant given our lack of accessible home games over the last 18 months or so.

Appreciate the feedback, much appreciated - we'll do our best to keep content ticking over in Brisbane :).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't usually watch the player interview stuff as it can be quite boring and cliched but I couldn't resist Cunners.
Love how he re-iterated that Noble doesn't want players to get complacent with their spot in the team :thumbsu: and very interesting that he said Brad got him to develop his strengths and ignore his negatives, as I've always felt Brad used to focus on what (certain) players couldn't do rather than what they could do.

Don't usually watch the player interview stuff as it can be quite boring and cliched but I couldn't resist Cunners.
Love how he re-iterated that Noble doesn't want players to get complacent with their spot in the team :thumbsu: and very interesting that he said Brad got him to develop his strengths and ignore his negatives, as I've always felt Brad used to focus on what (certain) players couldn't do rather than what they could do.
Not sure why people continue to assume to know what kind of coach Brad Scott was or any coach for that matter…
Almost all of us wouldn’t have the slightest clue what they are like.

Apart from hurting his AA chances this year & the fact he is my favourite player to watch… I don’t mind him having a rest.

We can hopefully prolong his career by a year or two by giving him the occasional rest, so he is still playing at the top of his game in 2-3 years when we are seriously contending.
It also gives Phillips & Thomas more midfield minutes & will help with our pick 1 (Horne) ambitions…

Not sure why people continue to assume to know what kind of coach Brad Scott was or any coach for that matter…
Almost all of us wouldn’t have the slightest clue what they are like.

Well I'm not 100% guessing, but to be fair any (minimal) insight I had into how Brad operated at the club was only in his last couple of years, and even then it's only how it seemed to me so it isn't gospel.

Well I'm not 100% guessing, but to be fair any (minimal) insight I had into how Brad operated at the club was only in his last couple of years, and even then it's only how it seemed to me so it isn't gospel.
Well Ben basically confirmed he encouraged the players or at least himself to play to his strengths.
This contradicts what you & others have said about his coaching.
People making assumptions from the outside is just silly IMO.

Well Ben basically confirmed he encouraged the players or at least himself to play to his strengths.
This contradicts what you & others have said about his coaching.
People making assumptions from the outside is just silly IMO.

Which is why I commented that it was interesting because it was at odds with what I had previously thought.

What a man.
This is why he will always be adored by our supporters :
1. He is a champion
2. He loves the club
3. His favourite memory is beating the #### in 2014 elim final.
4. The club he likes beating the most is the ####.

An absolute legend at the highest level.

I would assume he wouldn't be getting a match payment, sooo he is effectively losing some money anyway Suma, ya tool

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What we decide to do with payment is no business of Sumich’s. The bloke is a ****ing w***er.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back