Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 2 contested and 6 turnovers. Needs to be a little more secure and precise with some of his kick outs. But in his first year and playing an unfamiliar role with take that every day of the week. Would love to see him add 4 KGs of muscle over the summer.
He’s taking the game on and being aggressive with his kicks I can live with a few turnovers. It’s when players turnover the ball when they’re under no pressure that kills us.

Only 2 contested and 6 turnovers. Needs to be a little more secure and precise with some of his kick outs. But in his first year and playing an unfamiliar role with take that every day of the week. Would love to see him add 4 KGs of muscle over the summer.

11 of them were kick ins too. I thought he had a pretty meh game. We got stuck at halfback/wing quite a number of times, partly I think because he wasn't able to provide his usual drive.

I'm hoping we don't see much of him at half back next season. Like Sheezel, he feels a little bit wasted back there at times. In the modern game it's not hard to get 20+ possessions with kick ins and being fed. Stick him on a wing

That kicking action is a thing of beauty. This is a touch like shooting Bambi, I but he did look a bit “flat” today with ball in hand. Seemed to lack his usual energy/burst. Could be coming back from his soreness. Dunno, just thought he looked a bit lethargic out there.
Need him to put on some size and get in the guts. Him kicking the ball i50 will be insane.

Some mistakes but was serviceable by foot and played his role. The fact he got it 31 times is a bonus.

It should be a priority to find a player with composure and speed to allow his move in the middle/wing. It may take two years which should be enough to transform his body more into the wrecking ball we need in the guts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When he moves in we're going to be electric out of the middle with Wardlaw, LDU and Colby. I think he'll surprise people with how ready he is but fully understand holding him back.

Needs a big preseason and will be ready to be swapped with Powell and unleashed. Was no where near it when playing mid at beginning of season.

With Stephens set to miss, I'd love to see this guy playing on the wing and use his speed and footy smarts further up the field.

Kerch won't win our B&F this year - but in terms of pure quality, his first year has been as impressive as Harry's imo.

His refusal to go into his shell after biting off more than he can chew, is a real clue into how he'll go once he nails the speed of the game.

May not be breaking news, but he's going to be scary good this kid after he moves into the midfield.

Kerch won't win our B&F this year - but in terms of pure quality, his first year has been as impressive as Harry's imo.

His refusal to go into his shell after biting off more than he can chew, is a real clue into how he'll go once he nails the speed of the game.

May not be breaking news, but he's going to be scary good this kid after he moves into the midfield.
The 5 bounce run down the wing starting from FB is one of the best things ive seen a first year plyer do. Look, im hard on him but he is a jet

I don't think that his first year is comparable to Harry, at all. But that's not a knock, he's still looked great and like a future AA. Harry just had one of the all-time great first years.

It's not just the numbers being better, across the board, it's the leadership and composure that Sheezel brought.

I’m happy for Colby to stay back for the time being. When he moves it should be to the center square. I reckon it will ultimately be his best position. Skip the wing, that’s grunt work these days. Would be a waste of his talent.

11 of them were kick ins too. I thought he had a pretty meh game. We got stuck at halfback/wing quite a number of times, partly I think because he wasn't able to provide his usual drive.

I'm hoping we don't see much of him at half back next season. Like Sheezel, he feels a little bit wasted back there at times. In the modern game it's not hard to get 20+ possessions with kick ins and being fed. Stick him on a wing
Half back is the perfect 1st year apprentice spot for now. He'll be moved when ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back