Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

The other key factor in terms of whether Luke plays AFL or VFL is that currently and for the foreseeable future, it's Clarko and his match committee who decide on team selection and not nuffies on Big Footy.

Not saying you're wrong, but it's happened before. I think it was around 1984 when Jim Edmond was captain at Footscray but his form had got that bad that they ended up having to drop him. It was odd seeing a senior captain running around in the seconds, but when the form hits an all time low, it's probably more a hindrance or embarrassment by continuing to play them.
Your speaking the NMFC his had 3 poor years in a row 2 of them as Co Captain if they were going to drop him he would have dropped early a professional club would have done it.
I think he knows he won’t be dropped and has been getting away with poor football for some time.

Your speaking the NMFC his had 3 poor years in a row 2 of them as Co Captain if they were going to drop him he would have dropped early a professional club would have done it.
I think he knows he won’t be dropped and has been getting away with poor football for some time.
He'll be dropped to the VFL this year. The coaches have more options with Daniel and Hardemann will add more size.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back