Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 6 x All-Australian, 2 x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Media heavily pushing the Grundy case.
Media pushing the story. 2-3 weeks out isn't the end of the world.

I'm actually pretty intrigued to see Max out. We've relied on him so much it's gonna force us to do things differently.

Last edited:

I'm actually pretty intrigued to see Max out. We've relief on him so much it's gonna force us to do things differently.

I weirdly don't hate it in terms of centre clearance setup, we're 2nd last for centre clearance differential, and got smashed in there again on the weekend. Wouldn't mind trying something different just to shake the mids up a bit in their mindset.

It's gonna hurt us in terms or marks around the ground though. In the backline and on the wing he saves us so many times.

I weirdly don't hate it in terms of centre clearance setup, we're 2nd last for centre clearance differential, and got smashed in there again on the weekend. Wouldn't mind trying something different just to shake the mids up a bit in their mindset.

It's gonna hurt us in terms or marks around the ground though. In the backline and on the wing he saves us so many times.

Trying to remember the last time he missed significant time, maybe 2017? Our clearance work didn't get any worse at all (If anything it got better) with Max out for a while that year.

He'll still make AA if he comes back and has two big games before the end of the year. Is so far ahead of the other rucks it isn't funny.

I'm actually pretty intrigued to see Max out. We've relief on him so much it's gonna force us to do things differently.
Im happy, hopefully less bombs away and a need to score more heavily.

Trying to remember the last time he missed significant time, maybe 2017? Our clearance work didn't get any worse at all (If anything it got better) with Max out for a while that year.

He'll still make AA if he comes back and has two big games before the end of the year. Is so far ahead of the other rucks it isn't funny.
Pedo and Watts, what a ruck tandem. :love:

Might not really count as we had Grundy, but he missed basically 4 games at the start of last year when he had that injury against the Lions. We were about breakeven during that stretch in terms of centre clearances.

Missed some time last year with his knee. I think it was about 4 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back