AFL Player #12: Will Setterfield

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a real pity because he's the kind of player we need and we may have been his last shot at making it. We need to be ruthless at year's end. If Setters' knee really is done again, we need to end the relationship.
Surely that depends on the nature of the injury. If it's just an unlucky knock to something he's been managing it's probably fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfielder Will Setterfield is set to miss again after re-injuring the knee that he hurt during the round two game against Sydney.

Following a hit to the same spot during the weekend’s loss to Port Adelaide, Setterfield is likely to miss at least the next two matches.

It was a contact injury. Not sure Murphy can have any control over that. The AFL has not allowed full suit of armor to be used yet.
Pillows?

I was sitting near where he got injured and it did just look like another knock to knee, was hoping at time that they subbed due to it being the last quarter and needing all hands on deck and couldnt afford to be down a rotation whilst they checked his knee, similar to how we subbed jones straight away on anzac day.
If him, duursma and hobbs are back post bye I think our midfield can find its early season form again.

Might be right after the bye. I think he will get a 1 year deal.
this is exactly the sort of thing we MUST move past.

High draft pick, good character, Essendon supporter growing up, Dodoro love child who hasn't quite kicked on

At 26 and a half, he has had his chances and has simply not come on. Fitness for someone in his career is key. He is struggling to stay on the park for more than 6 weeks in a row.

this is exactly the sort of thing we MUST move past.

High draft pick, good character, Essendon supporter growing up, Dodoro love child who hasn't quite kicked on

At 26 and a half, he has had his chances and has simply not come on. Fitness for someone in his career is key. He is struggling to stay on the park for more than 6 weeks in a row.
Dude the report is he got a knock to the knee and is every chance to play after the bye lol. Let him see out the year and make that call. Because when he is fit he’s good enough, on top of that if Shiel leaves Setters is perfect mature age big body depth. also, just quietly… when he is fit he’s isn’t depth. He’s best 22.

Dude the report is he got a knock to the knee and is every chance to play after the bye lol. Let him see out the year and make that call. Because when he is fit he’s good enough, on top of that if Shiel leaves Setters is perfect mature age big body depth. also, just quietly… when he is fit he’s isn’t depth. He’s best 22.
The struggle to stay on the park is real though. We need to be in a position where we aren't relying on him to be fit. He's one knock to the knee away from a 6 month hobble. We need to find another Setterfield and let their form determine which one is depth. I agree though, he has been great when he has played this year.

The struggle to stay on the park is real though. We need to be in a position where we aren't relying on him to be fit. He's one knock to the knee away from a 6 month hobble. We need to find another Setterfield and let their form determine which one is depth. I agree though, he has been great when he has played this year.
He’s had to contact injuries. It’s bad luck. He was subbed late as a precaution and might play in 2 weeks time. It’s not panic stations yet. Let him see out the year

I do agree with trying to find another type like him. Either a kid or mature age guy to take Shiels spot

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #12: Will Setterfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back