AFL Player #12: Will Setterfield

Remove this Banner Ad

His inability to stay on the park for any length of time is very concerning.

But his ability when on the park is valuable. He continues to provide us a role and balance that we clearly lack.

We’re not at “not give him another contract stage” yet.

But his ability when on the park is valuable. He continues to provide us a role and balance that we clearly lack.

He's listed at '1 week', so there's a chance he won't miss any games, which would be great.

He's listed at '1 week', so there's a chance he won't miss any games, which would be great.
Two weeks. He played a full VFL game as well 🙂

Agree, though I'm serious about cutting ties if he sustains another longer term injury. A 6-8 week injury and I'd be happy to replace. Ideally we find a clone so the role is sustainable.

Dude the report is he got a knock to the knee and is every chance to play after the bye lol. Let him see out the year and make that call. Because when he is fit he’s good enough, on top of that if Shiel leaves Setters is perfect mature age big body depth. also, just quietly… when he is fit he’s isn’t depth. He’s best 22.
Gumbelton was good enough when fit enough, truth of the matter is he is in the type of basket we’ve held onto for two decades.

Fwiw, I think one of Shiel or Setterfield leaves and the other remains as insurance

Gumbelton was good enough when fit enough, truth of the matter is he is in the type of basket we’ve held onto for two decades.

Fwiw, I think one of Shiel or Setterfield leaves and the other remains as insurance
Well that is an easy one. Shiel will go . He wanted to go at the end of last season.

Will Setterfield is not unlike his fellow 2016 draftee and Fremantle Docker Will Brodie

Both both 2 club journeymen, both 26ish so in their primes (or atleast should be) & both solid midfield type players that benefit their teams when in. But both are injury prone - Brodie has managed just 54 games since being drafted - Setterfield slightly more with 71.
It must be hard for these guys knowing they can contribute when they play but their bodies seem to let them down often - lets hope they can get themselves right…

Will Setterfield is not unlike his fellow 2016 draftee and Fremantle Docker Will Brodie

Both both 2 club journeymen, both 26ish so in their primes (or atleast should be) & both solid midfield type players that benefit their teams when in. But both are injury prone - Brodie has managed just 54 games since being drafted - Setterfield slightly more with 71.
It must be hard for these guys knowing they can contribute when they play but their bodies seem to let them down often - lets hope they can get themselves right…
Brodie has played a lot more WAFL games in the last 2 seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the bench, so could still miss. Lack of clarity around his fitness might mean they're not 100% sure he'll get up.
Probably should have said “injured” and not “omitted” on the team sheet but there it is

Maybe he plays some minutes in the VFL, but some.doubt about ability to play a full game. Obviously speculation, but I highly doubt the writing is on the wall considering the coaches use of him when available.

My guess is they probably want to see him run out a couple of games at vfl level. It’s not a bad thing. Also some in the game day thread have made some decent points about horses for courses

I like it, loading up for a tilt at the VFL flag!

Will he play midfield or wing in the 2s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you mean real wing or skinny wing?

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How’d he go?
Have not had a look yet. 23 disposals 9 tackles 7 clearances on the stats page so he must have been reasonable. Can not tell you if there was any skinny play :p

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #12: Will Setterfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back