Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I've removed about three pages of posts.

Please do not use this thread to speculate about Oliver's private life – medical or otherwise.

Regardless of the veracity of your rumour, or what you know/have heard, if it's not public knowledge, just don't post it.

I don't want to turn this place into Demonland, but if you can't see the potential harm that this sort of rumour-spreading can cause (regardless of your intentions), then perhaps it's best if you take a bit of a break.

Thanks.

I don't mind these calls from Kane but he is on drugs thinking we'd have to give our first with Oliver to get someone to take him off our hands.
Is it that crazy? He's had 2 bad years and is making close to 2 million dollars?
GC gave a first for a Bowes salary dump of a third of what Oliver's getting paid.

I think a future second might be what we have to give but it depends how bad the relationship falls apart

I don't mind these calls from Kane but he is on drugs thinking we'd have to give our first with Oliver to get someone to take him off our hands.
If we wanted someone to take all the contract we probably would have to, easier to sell to members however that we get something back for him and pay some of his salary.

If we wanted someone to take all the contract we probably would have to, easier to sell to members however that we get something back for him and pay some of his salary.
Yeah for us to get a second rounder for him we'd have to pay like 700k per season

I would rather he play at Casey than ship him off with a pick to save a bit of cap space.

We don’t even need the cap space.

If Adelaide want him they can fork up there first. Sounds like they are the eager party here anyway.

I would rather he play at Casey than ship him off with a pick to save a bit of cap space.

If Adelaide want him they can fork up there first. Sounds like they are the eager party here anyway.
The **** are you talking about 😂 no team can afford nearly 2 million playing in the reserves

Is it that crazy? He's had 2 bad years and is making close to 2 million dollars?
GC gave a first for a Bowes salary dump of a third of what Oliver's getting paid.

I think a future second might be what we have to give but it depends how bad the relationship falls apart
You underestimate how many clubs will have an "I can fix him" mentality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You underestimate how many clubs will have an "I can fix him" mentality
Maybe, but it's not a Tyson Stengle, Harley Bennell situation. You take him on that's your only star player you can pay for 6 years if you miss on him it could ruin your club

He is one good preseason (and no outside influences) from returning to his best form. Why the hell would we trade him now?

rainbow fan GIF

Tim Lamb is a GREAT negotiator when going against Adelaide as we know. Remember the McAdam trade just last year.

TL: "Give me a first for Oliver"
Crows: "No"
TL: "Awwww but we gave you a second for McAdam last year and hes done nothing"
Crows: "We'll give you this delicious 2025 2nd and you'll pay 1/2 his salary"
TL: "No, we'll pay 49.5% of his salary"
Crows: "ok"
TL: "Swish, another win for TIMMY!!"

Maybe, but it's not a Tyson Stengle, Harley Bennell situation. You take him on that's your only star player you can pay for 6 years if you miss on him it could ruin your club
If he's being courted that's different than a guy like Stengel or Bennell who was on the scrap heap. Watch this space I guess.

If he's being courted that's different than a guy like Stengel or Bennell who was on the scrap heap. Watch this space I guess.
Also really comes down to whether he want him out or not. If we want him I don't think we'll trade him even with him requesting a trade, if we don't want him I think we'll struggle to get anything

GC had serious cap issues, we have reported to have had the opposite. I'd blow up the club if they threw away a first round pick purely to free up Olivers cap space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back