Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I've removed about three pages of posts.

Please do not use this thread to speculate about Oliver's private life – medical or otherwise.

Regardless of the veracity of your rumour, or what you know/have heard, if it's not public knowledge, just don't post it.

I don't want to turn this place into Demonland, but if you can't see the potential harm that this sort of rumour-spreading can cause (regardless of your intentions), then perhaps it's best if you take a bit of a break.

Thanks.

I don’t think people are excusing his behaviour and subsequent lack of conditioning. This has potentially cost us a shot at the flag this year. Peak Clarry would have made such a difference let’s face it. There’s certainly people like myself who are aware he just can’t perform to previous levels in his current state. He was rushed back in he obviously agreed to do so. But for all involved he should have done a solid block of training. But here we are.
Oliver now has the chance during this off and pre season to get himself into shape.
There is a chance he’s done and won’t get anywhere near his previous form. But we can’t know that. I get the observations from some games with effort etc. As I mentioned in an earlier post he really lacks the conditioning to get from contest to contest. Also can’t spend the time on ground he used to.
We were never winning the flag this year mate. Even with a peak fit Oliver.

You're making out like he's Chris Judd when fully fit.

To my eye he doesn't look checked out. He actually looks invested in his team mates and celebrates the small things. He's someone that was a physical animal due to doing all the extras, now he just can't physically compete against the best in the engine room week in/week out. Whether he gets back to his best or not is another question.

Many other star players have looked completely cooked without the physical conditioning required to perform through injury or otherwise. Cripps seems to be always lurching from looking cooked to incredible season to season. There's not much room for error when you're trying to win the ball against the best of the best week in/week out.

Rubbish, bunch of you were sucking him off after the Bulldogs game and claiming he was back to his best and now that he's regressed again he was never ready to begin with.

He walks around the field, if that's invested no wonder we're shit

We were never winning the flag this year mate. Even with a peak fit Oliver.
It cost us a shot at the flag just as much as Dusty missing games cost Richmond a shot at the flag.

It cost us a shot at the flag just as much as Dusty missing games cost Richmond a shot at the flag.
Also if they actually believe that stop blindly defending the fat campaigner, was definitely our last year at the top and Oliver apparently single handedly cost us it. Not to mention his poor behaviour last year and our midfield being better when he was out injured

Last edited:
Best case scenario he gets back to the player he was in 21' (highly highly unlikely), he's still taken a giant shit on the club, his teammates and the fans at a time we were supposed to be challenging for more premierships.

he's obviously a troubled kid but I think it's best for both parties to go our separate ways and start fresh. If that was to happen I'd sincerely wish him the best.

An dusty never used to show up until September anyway, we aren't good enough. Fatty getting 10 more hack kicks forward ain't making any difference to us getting smashed over and over by Freo

Never said we’d win it with him. But clearly peak Clarry would make ins significantly better and be in contention. Other than the swans it’s pretty open.
Peak Oliver gets the number one tag this year because there's no Brayshaw, Petracca or even a Harmes to protect him. Viney is already making up by doing the extra grunt work and then you have Sparrow who is just a spud in general that runs around like a headless chook.

He still would be greatly exposed as he has been all year when they have tagged him.

A fit Oliver doesn't make us a top 4 side at all. Our issue is still ball movement and ability to score consistent which has been the theme all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if he leaves now and we can get out of the majority of that disgusting contract I'll forgive. If not, there'll be a Clayton Oliver voodoo doll added to my collection of Goodwin, Roffey & Mitch Clark.
Sounds about right. Just need to get off the ****ing deal. The clowns in charge will probably **** it up by asking for too much face-saving collateral tho and we'll be spending 5 years running at 90% cap.

by the way can you also go past Sorrento Pub to make sure Goodys home before his curfew.
Oh Oliver's there with him throwing pineapples into the poke? Righto well can you drive them home after they're done.

Blokes a cancer though, definition of culture killer. Why would the young blokes at the club be doing the extras when the highest paid player gets babied through the season after missing the pre season. Oliver should be in captain contention, instead he had to live with the captain to learn discipline. What a ****ing embarrassment of a person

and we'll be spending 5 years running at 90% cap.
Fine with me, even though they'd never say it im sure at least some if not most of his teammates resent him somewhat for the passes he's been given knowing if that was them doing the same sort of things they'd be shown the door instantly, or if they sooked it up like he did against North they'd be dropped the next week. Shit like this can absolutely be cancerous to a club when there a rules for everyone else and none for others..

Much like the **** around and find out graph, just in reverse, perform bad on field and the tolerance for babysitting a manchild decreases.

Fine with me, even though they'd never say it im sure at least some if not most of his teammates resent him somewhat for the passes he's been given knowing if that was them doing the same sort of things they'd be shown the door instantly, or if they sooked it up like he did against North they'd be dropped the next week. Shit like this can absolutely be cancerous to a club when there a rules for everyone else and none for others..

Much like the **** around and find out graph, just in reverse, perform bad on field and the tolerance for babysitting a manchild decreases.
lol, heaps would say it and probably do regularly.

I would also get rid of him regardless, priority should be punt the campaigner with an analysis of % of cap to pay vs draft compo. (this is not me suggesting the club might have someone currently employed who could do that kind of analysis)

Trade him for Adelaide's first and pay 40% of his salary if necessary. If we don't have any actual trade targets then front load as much of that as possible or front load other guys or whatever to make it a bit less painful. Then we go into the draft with two picks in the top ten and we're in a great position to set ourselves up for the next few years.

View attachment 2057263

Oliver puts in the bare minimum = leave him alone!!!

Petracca has a life threatening injury = why isn’t he at the club????
Amazing
Petracca has 2 lungs so what if ones damaged absolutely pussy. Oliver played with a damaged finger nail 💅

Trade Trac make Oliver captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back