Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I've removed about three pages of posts.

Please do not use this thread to speculate about Oliver's private life – medical or otherwise.

Regardless of the veracity of your rumour, or what you know/have heard, if it's not public knowledge, just don't post it.

I don't want to turn this place into Demonland, but if you can't see the potential harm that this sort of rumour-spreading can cause (regardless of your intentions), then perhaps it's best if you take a bit of a break.

Thanks.

Can you blokes please fire up on the main board thread and troll with fake sources and stories, I'm looking at you Toump Ass
I wish!!!! I only just came back from a three week detention, and just copped another warning for saying I’d disown Eric Hipwood if he was my son, lolllllllllll.

I ain’t saying shit about shit!! I miss this place too much!!! 😂😂😂

I'm keen on finding out how many characters I can add to this thread title

Start an Errol Gulden thread welcoming him to Melbourne please

God damn it, now you've made me look and there's been four different ITK's in the last half-hour claiming they knew all about this and extra info about Clarry's off-field drama weeks ago :sweatsmile:
I'm not even joking:

1696308087469.png
1696308162829.png
1696308203574.png
1696308228431.png
1696308259210.png
1696308301842.png
1696308344142.png

You all need to lift. Demonland holds a mortgage on Melbourne Football Club ITKs

Can't believe disowning Hipwood is worth 3 weeks. Soft.
Nah that was just a warning (and a threadban).
Copped three weeks for asking a black dude if they’re black. I’m black too, I didn’t think it was a problem. Pretty clumsy delivery on my part but still, bloody annoying.

Love the Clarry for Larkey one. North clearly need more mids.

Yeah ridiculous, not sure they'd be the ones giving picks even if it was true given how loose off field Oliver apparently is going off these reports.

If you wanted to make it seem like it was something real, Thomas and picks seems more like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is fair logic; however, when you're trading a surplus inside mid, I don't think you'd start off by trading the best one (for clarity, I'm saying that Oliver is the best pure inside mid we have, not necessarily the best player). Granted though, he'd bring back the most value in a trade.

I just think it's a bit short-sighted using our form when he was missing as proof that we're better without him. We did the same when we offloaded Hogan after we won a couple of finals with Weideman in his place. Of course, that did get us May, but our forward line is still pretty cooked five years later.

Rather than look to offload, I'd just look at how we can diversify roles/rotations more (i.e. Petracca forward, Rivers and Pickett more time in the middle, give Viney some tagging roles etc).

Still, all worthwhile discussion.
Mate the end of the discussion should be that it got us May. That won us a flag

King Yes GIF

We'd be absolutely silly not to look at what the best offer there is.

I said this yesterday and will say it again, he has really struggled off field to the point where there are concerns with his behaviour. Unfortunately this has stemmed from a break up with his ex partner last year where she was a great support person for him.

I don't think he gets traded, but again We'd be silly not to see what offer is out there.

Cal Twomey and Riley Beveridge aren't ones to just make up rumours so I definitely think this has legs.
I'm all for exploring what a trade will look like as you never know what we could be offered. If we think we can improve the list and get ourselves closer to a flag that's all that matters.

But far as the off-field stuff and behaviour issues go. I think it would be weak and hypocritical if that was the reason we got rid of him, and would make us look like we don't support our players. Goodwin is no angel. If it's just a matter of Oliver going through a tough period then we should be supporting him.

I'm all for exploring what a trade will look like as you never know what we could be offered. If we think we can improve the list and get ourselves closer to a flag that's all that matters.

But far as the off-field stuff and behaviour issues go. I think it would be weak and hypocritical if that was the reason we got rid of him, and would make us look like we don't support our players. Goodwin is no angel. If it's just a matter of Oliver going through a tough period then we should be supporting him.
Depends doesn't it. If he keeps rocking up methed out of his brain and we have done alot to help him then it's not up to us anymore.

An if any journos are reading, yes I do have inside knowledge that Oliver went to mad Monday as a crackhead, problem was it wasn't a costume day

Depends doesn't it. If he keeps rocking up methed out of his brain and we have done alot to help him then it's not up to us anymore.

An if any journos are reading, yes I do have inside knowledge that Oliver went to mad Monday as a crackhead, problem was it wasn't a costume day
Sure there's obviously a tipping point but if the story is actually that he's gone off the rails after splitting with his parter, I can think of another bloke at the club who had his life upended in a similar way and was forgiven for the behavioural issues that followed. If he's willing to come to the table and that's all this is about then we should be throwing our arms around him.

Sure there's obviously a tipping point but if the story is actually that he's gone off the rails after splitting with his parter, I can think of another bloke at the club who had his life upended in a similar way and was forgiven for the behavioural issues that followed. If he's willing to come to the table and that's all this is about then we should be throwing our arms around him.
Is that Steven May having a couple beers during the day? Or the coach actually.

Anyone unless we actually wanna boot him out no one will offer enough

Wonder if this is connected to those texts trade radio we’re getting about news which would shake afl to the core at the MFC

Is that Steven May having a couple beers during the day? Or the coach actually.

Anyone unless we actually wanna boot him out no one will offer enough
Yeah, Goodwin split with his wife in 2020 which was when all his apparent off-season issues took place. May is a fair shout too though.

Happy to pick up the phone if teams are willing to sell the farm for him but would be livid if we let him go for unders because he's going through some off-field shit.

Yeah, Goodwin split with his wife in 2020 which was when all his apparent off-season issues took place. May is a fair shout too though.

Happy to pick up the phone if teams are willing to sell the farm for him but would be livid if we let him go for unders because he's going through some off-field s**t.

Think we wouldn’t be shopping him tbh, he is on a long deal and is still a gun player at his best. They’d only let him go for a good offer and if he agreed to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back