Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I've removed about three pages of posts.

Please do not use this thread to speculate about Oliver's private life – medical or otherwise.

Regardless of the veracity of your rumour, or what you know/have heard, if it's not public knowledge, just don't post it.

I don't want to turn this place into Demonland, but if you can't see the potential harm that this sort of rumour-spreading can cause (regardless of your intentions), then perhaps it's best if you take a bit of a break.

Thanks.

They have their share of awful attention-seekers. There's a guy over there who keeps saying we've got something big brewing but refuses to elaborate on what.
Literally the only people over there I've ever seen get anything right are the poster that mentioned Mills' injury a couple of weeks before it broke, the poster who called the Roos signing a long way out and the one that's friends with Fritsch's mum or something (tenous at best).

The way they create a thread for every individual thought a poster has is nauseating.

Literally the only people over there I've ever seen get anything right are the poster that mentioned Mills' injury a couple of weeks before it broke, the poster who called the Roos signing a long way out and the one that's friends with Fritsch's mum or something (tenous at best).

The way they create a thread for every individual thought a poster has is nauseating.
I agree, what kind of maniac makes a thread about themself

I agree, what kind of maniac makes a thread about themself
TK's Lab is part of the fabric of this community, and it'll always have a place. Anyone who goes "You know who would be great, Charlie Curnow" and then starts "The Charlie Curnow Thread" on here will be instantly banned.

Trading Oliver for a packet of chips is obviously dumb, and he has probably copped it a bit unfairly as he was coming off his first ever long term injury. It is also silly to discount that we could genuinely improve our list by trading him for the right price - I'd absolutely do Oliver for Gulden in a straight swap, I'd also do Oliver + 13 for 2/3 (I don't think North would do this).

These suggestions don't mean he is a shit player, he is obviously elite in his role. The thing is his role is something Petracca, Viney and to a lesser extent Gus already do, whilst we have zero players on the list even approaching elite status as an outside mid.

Trading Oliver for a packet of chips is obviously dumb, and he has probably copped it a bit unfairly as he was coming off his first ever long term injury. It is also silly to discount that we could genuinely improve our list by trading him for the right price - I'd absolutely do Oliver for Gulden in a straight swap, I'd also do Oliver + 13 for 2/3 (I don't think North would do this).

These suggestions don't mean he is a s**t player, he is obviously elite in his role. The thing is his role is something Petracca, Viney and to a lesser extent Gus already do, whilst we have zero players on the list even approaching elite status as an outside mid.
This is fair logic; however, when you're trading a surplus inside mid, I don't think you'd start off by trading the best one (for clarity, I'm saying that Oliver is the best pure inside mid we have, not necessarily the best player). Granted though, he'd bring back the most value in a trade.

I just think it's a bit short-sighted using our form when he was missing as proof that we're better without him. We did the same when we offloaded Hogan after we won a couple of finals with Weideman in his place. Of course, that did get us May, but our forward line is still pretty cooked five years later.

Rather than look to offload, I'd just look at how we can diversify roles/rotations more (i.e. Petracca forward, Rivers and Pickett more time in the middle, give Viney some tagging roles etc).

Still, all worthwhile discussion.

TK's Lab is part of the fabric of this community, and it'll always have a place. Anyone who goes "You know who would be great, Charlie Curnow" and then starts "The Charlie Curnow Thread" on here will be instantly banned.
Meanwhile on Demonland:
1696301495467.png

Best advertisement for the secret ever, we've talked it into existence.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

All the people whinging about Oliver chat need to apologise.
I'd pay that if the story wasn't so predictably formulaic:
  • Trade media at an all-time peak
  • Touted as one of the most boring trade periods ever
  • Need a big name
  • Trawl BigFooty for ideas
  • Find big name player from a club that has not performed to expectations
  • Find footage of that player looking unhappy and dissect it across the week leading into trade period (this is the next step, watch the footage of Oliver arguing with Selwyn resurface this week).
Trade period is worse than the WWE lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd pay that if the story wasn't so predictably formulaic:
  • Trade media at an all-time peak
  • Touted as one of the most boring trade periods ever
  • Need a big name
  • Trawl BigFooty for ideas
  • Find big name player from a club that has not performed to expectations
  • Find footage of that player looking unhappy and dissect it across the week leading into trade period (this is the next step, watch the footage of Oliver arguing with Selwyn resurface this week).
Trade period is worse than the WWE lol

Nice to know my opinion is worthy of headlines with the AFL media regardless.

The fact that they just reported it as generic 'clubs' than any specific team is what makes me think there is nothing serious here. No one is actually putting together a deal to actually entice us with. Just fishing.

Maybe I really should create my own thread now that im a confirmed headline maker? You could pin it at the top of the forum Scythe94 so they have easy access to my thoughts when times are quiet and they need a story

Maybe I really should create my own thread now that im a confirmed headline maker? You could pin it at the top of the forum Scythe94 so they have easy access to my thoughts when times are quiet and they need a story
I'll have to see if there's a thought leadership badge available

The fact that they just reported it as generic 'clubs' than any specific team is what makes me think there is nothing serious here. No one is actually putting together a deal to actually entice us with. Just fishing.

Yeah exactly. I’m happy to discuss what a trade would look like but we all know it wouldn’t actually happen.

Yeah exactly. I’m happy to discuss what a trade would look like but we all know it wouldn’t actually happen.

Until it does. :cool:

We've come this far Schmutty , dont back out on us now.

We'd be absolutely silly not to look at what the best offer there is.

I said this yesterday and will say it again, he has really struggled off field to the point where there are concerns with his behaviour. Unfortunately this has stemmed from a break up with his ex partner last year where she was a great support person for him.

I don't think he gets traded, but again We'd be silly not to see what offer is out there.

Cal Twomey and Riley Beveridge aren't ones to just make up rumours so I definitely think this has legs.

Last edited:
Trading Oliver because we already have inside mids is equivalent to Carlton trading Curnow because they have Jack Silvagni.

Trading Oliver because we already have inside mids is equivalent to Carlton trading Curnow because they have Jack Silvagni.

No its not, Curnow plays in a high value position where its hard to find stars Oliver plays in a position where its easiest to find stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back