Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I've removed about three pages of posts.

Please do not use this thread to speculate about Oliver's private life – medical or otherwise.

Regardless of the veracity of your rumour, or what you know/have heard, if it's not public knowledge, just don't post it.

I don't want to turn this place into Demonland, but if you can't see the potential harm that this sort of rumour-spreading can cause (regardless of your intentions), then perhaps it's best if you take a bit of a break.

Thanks.

You don't think he's beyond 2 strikes.?

Buddy went to Sydney to get out of the fishbowl.

I sense this has been going on since maybe 2022. If not prior.

But i'm sure this is not a fresh case since last season.

If jSmith gets supspended for 2 years, the AFL are hypocrites.

Did Cousins get a 2 year suspension. So many others that have never made public news.
The Joel Smith suspension will be out of the AFL's hands. ASADA are a totally seperate body.

I'm not an expert but the strikes, I thought refer to the illicit drugs policy, whereas performance enhancing go above the AFL and through ASADA (and even beyond to WADA as we all know). Now i'll say it, I didn't think coke was a performance enhancing drug, but if they're talking about it like it has some enhancement, then the issue is it being still in his system on gameday rather than some dickhead in caught in possession in the offseason

Please though fact check me because again, this is me breaking it down for myself

I'm not an expert but the strikes, I thought refer to the illicit drugs policy, whereas performance enhancing go above the AFL and through ASADA (and even beyond to WADA as we all know). Now i'll say it, I didn't think coke was a performance enhancing drug, but if they're talking about it like it has some enhancement, then the issue is it being still in his system on gameday rather than some dickhead in caught in possession in the offseason

Please though fact check me because again, this is me breaking it down for myself

There's a complex scenario around WADA having a new-ish 'substance of abuse' definition, which cocaine falls into, but there's a stipulation around that; that if the timing of the test indicates a certain amount (there's a specific number I think but can't remember) in the system on game day then it gets classified as 'performance enhancing' instead. The issue for Smith seems to be that his result has indicated he's had it either on game day or the night before so it's looking like he can't take the 'substance of abuse' loophole and just cop the 3 months.

This is all separate from the AFL's illicit drug policy, which has the strikes as you mentioned.

If Nick Daicos tested positive same as Joel Smith do you think he would be looking at a 2 year suspension?. There would be no external tribunal. The AFL is corrupt. Too much at stake with Collingwood. Its just a missunderstanding . Case closed.
Done!
Maynard says hi !
AFL can't afford Daicos getting Busted. They can afford Joel Smith. They can point to the system working without a star being on the first 5 pages of the paper. Smith might make the back page, but because he's a virtual nobody, the story will die pretty quick. The whole thing became a farce when Ben Cousins never got done. I have zero faith in the whole system. Only a few weeks back I saw AFL players gather in the stalls at the College Lawn.

Who was the Sydney player telling us all when he retired that the sport has a massive drug problem?

If Nick Daicos tested positive same as Joel Smith do you think he would be looking at a 2 year suspension?. There would be no external tribunal. The AFL is corrupt. Too much at stake with Collingwood. Its just a missunderstanding . Case closed.
Done!
Maynard says hi !

The AFL isn't administering the two year suspension?

Done!
Maynard says hi !
The AFL also was going to acquit the Essendon players so i see your point being made. But WADA overruled it, they and by extension ASADA don't **** around when it comes to handing a suspension

Furthermore it's already happened at Collingwood? ASADA/WADA handed bans down to Collingwood players Lachlan Keeffe and Josh Thomas for two years. Another Pie Sam Murray was suspended for 18 months

Did Essendon get first access to state players as top up when they had the drug saga?

If so than we should ask for the same.
Brown, Tmac and Schache are useless
Oliver looks unlikely, J Smith looks gone, Brayshaw a head knock away.

We are almost going into this season 5 players down.

Further Furthermore, if Daicos ever does do something. Remember that with enough public outcry the AFL will still eventually act. See Jobe Watson, Much loved good son of a player at a big club. After some pushing they made him hand in his brownlow (after retroactively awarding it to Mitchell and Cotchin)

No one is getting special treatment

The AFL did everything they could to get the Bombers out of trouble. And they did a lot for a few other clubs too, but you don’t know about it because there wasn’t a police tipoff to WADA for those clubs, like there was with the Bombers. The AFL sweep plenty under the carpet.

The AFL did everything they could to get the Bombers out of trouble. And they did a lot for a few other clubs too, but you don’t know about it because there wasn’t a police tipoff to WADA for those clubs, like there was with the Bombers. The AFL sweep plenty under the carpet.
Yeah the afl almost rewarded us for the tanking saga by employing Jackson and Roos lol they had just as much of a hand in winning us the flag as Goody and Gawn

Done!
Maynard says hi !
AFL can't afford Daicos getting Busted. They can afford Joel Smith. They can point to the system working without a star being on the first 5 pages of the paper. Smith might make the back page, but because he's a virtual nobody, the story will die pretty quick. The whole thing became a farce when Ben Cousins never got done. I have zero faith in the whole system. Only a few weeks back I saw AFL players gather in the stalls at the College Lawn.

Who was the Sydney player telling us all when he retired that the sport has a massive drug problem?

Pretty sure the AFL were powerless when ASADA banned half of Essendon's list for a year but sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of blokes here are failing asada tests
I'm not sure I understand your point.

When it comes to coke, I am completely accepting that plenty of players around the comp are doing it. But my understanding is that it's a substance that goes in and out of your system increadibly fast, meaning if you want to go party on a Wednesday night for a Saturday game you're pretty safe. Joel Smith was an idiot who flew too close to the sun and got burned. The idea that he's getting screwed over because he's a fringe player is stupid.

I'm not sure I understand your point.

When it comes to coke, I am completely accepting that plenty of players around the comp are doing it. But my understanding is that it's a substance that goes in and out of your system increadibly fast, meaning if you want to go party on a Wednesday night for a Saturday game you're pretty safe. Joel Smith was an idiot who flew too close to the sun and got burned. The idea that he's getting screwed over because he's a fringe player is stupid.
Plenty of posters are failing asada tests this week was the rib tickler I was going for

I think that the Oli show at the training camp, would have been planned for him to show and then get back to his medical plan.

If he didn't show at all, the media would have been like a fly on a decaying turd.

No, I think he was required to show up, then leave, for his more important requirements.

He is just starting his treatment, I feel sure.
Creating a little kabuki show for the media where you basically embarrass the guy by making him come to a training camp just so you can send him home is what you would do if you wanted to make the biggest media storm possible.

If jSmith gets supspended for 2 years, the AFL are hypocrites.

Did Cousins get a 2 year suspension. So many others that have never made public news.
Dane Swan is on record saying he took coke often in season but only early in the week coz he knew when they tested and when it would clear his system. Cousins likely did the same. If you want to take your chances the least you can do is try and play it smart. Offseason testing isn't as often from my understanding but random tests are conducted. If you want to take coke or anything else in the offseason go ahead, but I wouldnt recommend doing so if you already know you have two strikes.

Last edited:
Did Essendon get first access to state players as top up when they had the drug saga?

If so than we should ask for the same.
Brown, Tmac and Schache are useless
Oliver looks unlikely, J Smith looks gone, Brayshaw a head knock away.

We are almost going into this season 5 players down.

POTY

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The AFL also was going to acquit the Essendon players so i see your point being made. But WADA overruled it, they and by extension ASADA don't * around when it comes to handing a suspension

Furthermore it's already happened at Collingwood? ASADA/WADA handed bans down to Collingwood players Lachlan Keeffe and Josh Thomas for two years. Another Pie Sam Murray was suspended for 18 months
I get what your saying but those Pies players were basically nobody's.
Daicos is humungus in everyway. He draws a massive audience which means corporate wealth ie media and AFL.
Isnt the AFL negotiating a new blockbuster TV rights deal soon?Suspending Daicos for 2 years after being found guilty by some flunky acronym o/seas would be a major bargaining chip for the TV networks. No Daicos? down comes the $$$$$$.
No way would that happen.
Joel Smith is a nobody so he was sacrificed. He'll be forgotten after a week or two.
Isnt Daicos travelling o/seas at the moment with a player with a history?
No problem.

I get what your saying but those Pies players were basically nobody's.
Daicos is humungus in everyway. He draws a massive audience which means corporate wealth ie media and AFL.
Isnt the AFL negotiating a new blockbuster TV rights deal soon?Suspending Daicos for 2 years after being found guilty by some flunky acronym o/seas would be a major bargaining chip for the TV networks. No Daicos? down comes the $$$$$$.
No way would that happen.
Joel Smith is a nobody so he was sacrificed. He'll be forgotten after a week or two.
Isnt Daicos travelling o/seas at the moment with a player with a history?
No problem.
Get of the meth mate. Collingwood were a juggernaut before daicos came along and still will be after.

Lol at people who think there isn't corruption or manipulation in drug testing.

I'm happy with Smith getting 2 years. He's clearly a dumb campaigner. But I'd be shocked if a star like Daicos was in the same position, that the AFL wouldn't find a way to sweep it under the carpet. No doubt they did it with Buddy and they'd do it again if need be. They're happy with a fringe player getting Busted and pointing to the system working, when in fact it's clearly not. AFL are frauds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back