Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I've removed about three pages of posts.

Please do not use this thread to speculate about Oliver's private life – medical or otherwise.

Regardless of the veracity of your rumour, or what you know/have heard, if it's not public knowledge, just don't post it.

I don't want to turn this place into Demonland, but if you can't see the potential harm that this sort of rumour-spreading can cause (regardless of your intentions), then perhaps it's best if you take a bit of a break.

Thanks.

Lol at people who think there isn't corruption or manipulation in drug testing.

I'm happy with Smith getting 2 years. He's clearly a dumb campaigner. But I'd be shocked if a star like Daicos was in the same position, that the AFL wouldn't find a way to sweep it under the carpet. No doubt they did it with Buddy and they'd do it again if need be. They're happy with a fringe player getting Busted and pointing to the system working, when in fact it's clearly not. AFL are frauds.
I am begging you to google search ASADA

Why are we still talking about Clayton Oliver

I am begging you to google search ASADA
Why should I? Every corporation, everybody is corruptible. Nothing is untouchable. I believe what I believe. The AFL are corrupt as f*. I have no doubt drug testing in any format can be manipulated. Whether it's players being given a heads up etc. I mean the rumours (yes rumours as we'll never know the truth) about Buddy alone should make everyone smell a rat.

You have THREE separations of powers, the AFL, ASADA and WADA. All designed to keep accountability on each other. The AFL runs the competition and has policies, ASADA run the tests separately from that solely focused on testing without the politics of the league. Then WADA oversee everything on a global scale. They all work independently while with each other.

People at WADA are not going to care at the status of a player at a Big Victorian club in relatively small backwater Australia when they're handing out bans. They deal with the facts and are more straightforward. Again see the Essendon 34. The AFL tried to move on, ASADA were not happy and WADA eventually stepped in and overruled. They literally fought the Essendon players in Victorian Supreme court, as well as Hird in Federal court to uphold their bans and punishments

The AFL is way more held to account and has been shown to have no say in performance enhancing drugs. They simply can't sweep things under the rug if they'd like to. They are held to account by other organisations simply designed for that role.

The AFL is not like the NFL, where the NFL and the NFL players union have complete jurisdiction over tests with no independent or outside involvement. If you'd like to complain about a sport that isn't being accountable might i suggest you complain about that one.

ASADA and WADA (Not the AFL) Have so far previously suspended, three Collingwood players, Ryan Crowley at Freo, Ahmed Sadd at St Kilda, Most of big club Essendon's playing list which included star players (Which was not in the interests of the AFL), and at interstate big club West Coast because Rioli tampered with his urine sample

I'm not saying that players don't know where the cracks are. They do. But if they're caught, one it's out of the AFL's hands unless they want to go through the courts. Secondly there is no cover ups, the player will be suspended. Don't discredit the testers though with tin foil theories. They do there job and organisations such as ASADA and WADA will take matters on appeal to the highest courts if they have to

correct the truth will never be told anyway,so lets just move on.
You're on the Melbourne board mate. You can move on whenever you like. We'd appreciate it.

So weird this entire thing. Just dont give any updates at all.
There's clearly a club internal suspension going on imo. Oliver let slip on 9 news that he's not allowed to say anything but hopes to be reunited back with teammates.

Going off this it's clearly Melbourne's decision when he's allowed to integrate back to training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's clearly a club internal suspension going on imo. Oliver let slip on 9 news that he's not allowed to say anything but hopes to be reunited back with teammates.

Going off this it's clearly Melbourne's decision when he's allowed to integrate back to training.

Has he even trained at all with the team this preseason? I can't actually remember if he was training pre xmas.

Has he even trained at all with the team this preseason? I can't actually remember if he was training pre xmas.

Was obviously at least expected to be at the Lorne training camp given he showed up, and there was the story before that about him being late to training, so clearly he was meant to be with the team at one stage.

Just to add schmuttt - Clarry is in the training galleries up to at least mid December.

Thanks, I deleted twitter a few months ago so probably explains why I haven't really looked at the photos. Just knew we didn't have a massive training block pre xmas as we played two weeks of finals so couldn't remember if he was actually there.

Thanks, I deleted twitter a few months ago so probably explains why I haven't really looked at the photos. Just knew we didn't have a massive training block pre xmas as we played two weeks of finals so couldn't remember if he was actually there.

He's in the December training galleries on the MFC website up until Dec 13. Don't remember the exact dates, but perhaps it was the 15th December when he was rumoured to have rocked up late, and then Lorne began a couple of days later, so feels like perhaps it's around that time things were set back a bit.

You have THREE separations of powers, the AFL, ASADA and WADA. All designed to keep accountability on each other. The AFL runs the competition and has policies, ASADA run the tests separately from that solely focused on testing without the politics of the league. Then WADA oversee everything on a global scale. They all work independently while with each other.

People at WADA are not going to care at the status of a player at a Big Victorian club in relatively small backwater Australia when they're handing out bans. They deal with the facts and are more straightforward. Again see the Essendon 34. The AFL tried to move on, ASADA were not happy and WADA eventually stepped in and overruled. They literally fought the Essendon players in Victorian Supreme court, as well as Hird in Federal court to uphold their bans and punishments

The AFL is way more held to account and has been shown to have no say in performance enhancing drugs. They simply can't sweep things under the rug if they'd like to. They are held to account by other organisations simply designed for that role.

The AFL is not like the NFL, where the NFL and the NFL players union have complete jurisdiction over tests with no independent or outside involvement. If you'd like to complain about a sport that isn't being accountable might i suggest you complain about that one.

ASADA and WADA (Not the AFL) Have so far previously suspended, three Collingwood players, Ryan Crowley at Freo, Ahmed Sadd at St Kilda, Most of big club Essendon's playing list which included star players (Which was not in the interests of the AFL), and at interstate big club West Coast because Rioli tampered with his urine sample

I'm not saying that players don't know where the cracks are. They do. But if they're caught, one it's out of the AFL's hands unless they want to go through the courts. Secondly there is no cover ups, the player will be suspended. Don't discredit the testers though with tin foil theories. They do there job and organisations such as ASADA and WADA will take matters on appeal to the highest courts if they have to
Yeah but what about the grassy knoll, mafia, magic bullet and Castro?

It's a good first step. I'm happy with how the club his handling this tbh.

Can we all at least agree out of all the supporters of other clubs discussing the Oliver topic. Collingwood have been the most to stick their beaks in, as well as the most opinionated
Have you not learnt that when a team wins the premiership their supporters automatically become the most knowledgeable supporter base?

It's science!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back