Mega Thread #14 David Mackay - 14 possessions again

Can we piss off with these * is going next year and unsigned threads

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rewind to round 1 last year and I recall Mackay fans (Vader ) using adjectives like, 'very good" after he'd racked up about 13 touches. Well, tonight the little maestro turned back the clock by amassing another 13 touches from a paltry 85% TOG. Cannot wait for the non-statistical statistics to arrive which will affirm this giants assured spot in our absolute best 22.

Seriously though, FFS, retire you plodder.

He looked like our skinniest player out there too, I can't believe the size of the guy. Milera is bigger.

But essentially he's our 18th-22nd player picked each week so we're doing alright for depth if that's the case. He's better than VB.

His greatest work was probably that 2009 semi against Collingwood then after that it'd be his crowcast interview, the most popular player interview in that series apparently.

I asked one of the coaches tonight how Mackay keeps getting games.

He does lots of good things you may not notice that don't show up on the stat sheet.

What are they? Why don't they earn him any B&F votes?

We don't notice them either.

Then how do you know he's doing them?

He's played nearly 200 games. You don't play that much footy without learning a thing or two about how to play the game.

Why are you guys complaining about him stinking it up? He'll be out of the team if he keeps this up. Might be out of the team even if he gets back to top form. He's competing against the likes of Milera, Seedsman, Hampton, Atkins and Knight for a spot in the team. IMO he's the sixth on the list atm.

He does lots of good things you may not notice that don't show up on the stat sheet.

He's played nearly 200 games. You don't play that much footy without learning a thing or two about how to play the game.
Same excuse Noble used to keep Wright in the team for so long in 2015, despite him contributing little.

See my new thread for comments on Mackay.

After seeing him winded, crying and gasping for air twice in the first ten minutes,and before he'd layed hands on the ball, I thought we were in for one of those games, but in true DMAC fashion he steadied himself, got back into the game and ended up being on of our better senior players tonight.
I have a feeling he is in for a big one this year. Could this b the year?

He actually looks to have finnaly shed a lot of the bulk he put on through the Sando years and as such looks to be gliding over the turf far more freely than he has done over the past couple of seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It all comes down to round 1

If he isn't named then maybe the selection committee finally found some common sense and their stones.

If he is named we will continue to see his 'pressure acts' for the rest of the year...

at which point

blooddiamond.gif

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FJack-Nicholson.gif

tumblr_mwltvp1C4z1t0i9qbo1_400.gif

giphy.gif

I drink friday nights. But his game did remind me of round 1 last year and we had a bit of back and forth on that. Thought we'd get going again nice and early this year.
For what it's worth, I didn't thing much of his game last night. He didn't do a lot wrong, but he didn't do a lot right either. Wasn't one of our best players, nor was he one of our worst. Nothing game, really.

For what it's worth, I didn't thing much of his game last night. He didn't do a lot wrong, but he didn't do a lot right either. Wasn't one of our best players, nor was he one of our worst. Nothing game, really.

Could apply this to his career really, not the best player out there, not the worst player out there. Here, have 400k over 4 years as a reward :thumbsu:

Bit like VB against GWS last year. Just nothing from 85% TOG whilst kids do more with less opportunity and get sent back to work on deficiencies.

When a 160 game veteran spends 85% TOG whilst playing midfield/stoppage go get 13 touches then it's time to get the old red pen out and finalise his time as an AFL footballer at our club. Should have happened last year and we'd have been no worse off. Or any other year prior to that. His selection exactly represents the culture that ensured we went nowhere. Seeya Noble, thanks for playing, feel free to take your invaluable IP with you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread #14 David Mackay - 14 possessions again

Back