Player Watch #14 Tim Taranto.

Remove this Banner Ad

His choice to leave gws, or he could request a trade.
I get the dejected thing. It was his choice to come, and part of that is returning to melbourne for family reasons. Did other clubs want him and were they able to get him? But when he came he probably thought we would stay up like Geelong. That was the line. But it's sport it doesn't always work out. He is welcome to bring 2 firsts from a club in contention that wants him.

I get the dejected thing. It was his choice to come, and part of that is returning to melbourne for family reasons. Did other clubs want him and were they able to get him? But when he came he probably thought we would stay up like Geelong. That was the line. But it's sport it doesn't always work out. He is welcome to bring 2 firsts from a club in contention that wants him.
I have nothing against Taranto chasing premierships at other clubs closer to the now.

Is anyone stopping him investigating trade options?

I like to be flexible, he can go to a club and come back again when we are more developed if he wants. I am not a fan of holding players in a prison of sorts but the club and team should not be exploited. I do not feel TT should be obligated to stay necessarily when their are suitable options elsewhere where he gets what he wants and the club gets what we want. Cannot see why RFC would not be accommodating provided we are not bent over by hyenas

Gee, some of you campaigners are a tough crowd to please. I see nothing wrong with what Tim said. He sounded committed to improving himself and the team.

Make the man captain.
nothing to do with tough, Tim and us are here to win premierships surely?? If Tim has a better chance to achieve it elsewhere why not? Not like he would be shut out, he could come back

it is hard for us to be contending in the next few years if most are realistic. Even JR mentioned the cycle of footy in the media, the system is built that way, despite Geelong's attempts

We also thought we would be like Geelong and hardwick sold them a dream. Big risk.

Leaders are the face of the club. To essentially be talking like this to supporters is not a good look.
So long as the players don't enact violence or engage in any illegal behaviour, I really don't care how they talk to the public, let alone the fans.

But that is just me and to be honest, I am ambivalent to the feelings and desires of like 99.99% of the human population.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #14 Tim Taranto.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back