Player Watch #15: Dylan Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the bigger disappointments so far. Has a lot of the tools to be a very good player, seems a good guy, very fit. Come from an excellent system.

That Taylor is holding him out is an indictment on his season to date.

Hasn't fired a single shot at AFL or VFL level. He'd want to extract the digit

He is the definition of how crap our compo was after being one of the worst performers of the AFL era. So many sides got a second pick in the first five or six, Pendles, Franklin, Brayshaw, Kossie, Griffen etc and then recently the AFL project scores Anderson, and there’s been many more. We got Logue, Fisher and Stephens.
Sure, there’s some details I’m glossing over here, but we’ve been shafted by comparison to the all time legends that Collingwood, Hawthorn and others were handed.

He is the definition of how crap our compo was after being one of the worst performers of the AFL era. So many sides got a second pick in the first five or six, Pendles, Franklin, Brayshaw, Kossie, Griffen etc and then recently the AFL project scores Anderson, and there’s been many more. We got Logue, Tucker, Fisher and Stephens.
Sure, there’s some details I’m glossing over here, but we’ve been shafted by comparison to the all time legends that Collingwood, Hawthorn and others were handed.
EFA

One of the bigger disappointments so far. Has a lot of the tools to be a very good player, seems a good guy, very fit. Come from an excellent system.

That Taylor is holding him out is an indictment on his season to date.
4 Years! :stern look

Great to hear he was good offensively but he would want to watch the seniors today and see that the priority has to be pressure, tackling & body strength in the contest. That’s the part of his game that is found wanting.
Reckon the seniors could've done with a good endurance runner with skills too though.

In for Jaidyn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some very bad, some quite good. 12 disposals in a quarter and many of them effective.

I reckon he's worth persisting with.
Should not even get a look in at AFL level until he can show some composure with the ball around the contest. I can live with him not being super hard, you can't miss your leg because you're too worried about contact though.

Some very bad, some quite good. 12 disposals in a quarter and many of them effective.

I reckon he's worth persisting with.
Couple of hack kicks forward, but our system looked better when he came on, especially on the bigger ground.

He held his width and gave us some outlet run when we really lacked it early

Remove this Banner Ad

Back