Player Watch #15: Dylan Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

Kidding me? LOL

0 tackles
7 disposals and 2 of those possessions were awful turnovers

He is scared of the contest, you can see him avoiding it at every cost lol
1 of those turnovers was a dump clearance kick from 50 when there were no options and 35 players around him in the dying minute and a half.

What was he feasibly supposed to do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His timing looked off early - he felt about a half-second too slow which is probably the difference in pace between VFL/AFL level. Looked better the longer he was out there if not a bit in two minds on occassion. Hopefully more time in the team and a full game sees hime more comfortable. Took Fisher a bit but he has found his feet, hopefully not too much longer for Stephens on that front.

Last edited:
I thought he had a positive impact on the team when he was subbed on. Yeah, some mistakes and it took him a little time to get the pace of the game. But he got to many contests and presented often. I haven't been overly impressed with his form since joining the club but thought he gave us something tonight

I thought he was pretty good?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep he was
14 touches in just over a quarter

Got involved linked up, we looked better once he came on for pink

He’s apparently even going to play some minutes today in vfl for loading purposes

But yep should stay in our senior team

Yep he was
14 touches in just over a quarter

Got involved linked up, we looked better once he came on for pink

He’s apparently even going to play some minutes today in vfl for loading purposes

But yep should stay in our senior team
Really? I thought he was passable at best.

But I also thought he looked really nervous. It's not great, and it's probably because he knows he's at last chance saloon, but I'd give him some continuity to see if he can settle and improve.

14 touches is great though, because that's his other big problem, getting his hands on it. He was allegedly a great user of the ball, but we just never got to see it. I don't think we got to see it last night either. That's another reason to persist, give him a chance to show us what he can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #15: Dylan Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back