Player Watch #15: Dylan Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

He deserves credit for playing a solid game today. He even cracked in at a few contests.
Are we taking the f***ing piss or what???

We essentially sent the discard (who Sydney said f*** off to, you’re not good enough to play for us) to line up on their preferred option as wingman. Gulden had 41 disposals, 15 inside 50’s and 738 metres gain.
Stephens got it 20 times and had 1 inside 50. He had zero impact on the game and his direct opponent touched us up.

We set the bar so f***ing low. Solid🙇🏻‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If ever there was a game where you wanted to show up your former club, it was this match. Another limp performance in a very average career to date with the Kangas.

Would be interesting to see what the likes of Barlow and the Development team want to do with him over the Summer. Has this incredible motor to run all day and seems a decent kick. But how do you inject courage and better decision making into a guy nearly 5 years into the system? If the Swans could not do it in 4 years, then it’s fair to say we are up against it as well to turn him into anything decent. I’m sure if Clarko and Rawlings had their time again, they would have said….Yeah….NAH!!

Surely Rawlings and co had knowledge of his limitations before trading for him. It's negligent if they didn't. He is what he is and he's with us for 4 seasons, and knowing this they need to maximise his strengths and develop his weaknesses to a more satisfactory level. He will never be an Archer, type but I don't think he is as bad as some here think he is. As a club we have to make it work.

Surely Rawlings and co had knowledge of his limitations before trading for him. It's negligent if they didn't. He is what he is and he's with us for 4 seasons, and knowing this they need to maximise his strengths and develop his weaknesses to a more satisfactory level. He will never be an Archer, type but I don't think he is as bad as some here think he is. As a club we have to make it work.

Honestly though, I’d have preferred to keep Aaron Hall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #15: Dylan Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back