Player Watch #15: Dylan Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

As I said in the autopsy. Really good game from him today. Still not enough evidence for me to say he’ll make it. But credit where it’s due, he played really well tonight.

He even got a nice HTB tackle. First I can remember him achieving.

Hopefully he comes into form now.

Was the best of our “outside” players - Colby, Fisher, Scott etc

As I said in the autopsy. Really good game from him today. Still not enough evidence for me to say he’ll make it. But credit where it’s due, he played really well tonight.

He even got a nice HTB tackle. First I can remember him achieving.

Hopefully he comes into form now.

Was the best of our “outside” players - Colby, Fisher, Scott etc
You think he was better than Scott?

So you have it in for him?
WTF?!?

Im calling out a big flaw in his game which is to stop, prop, try to come back on his left, which sometimes leads to his kick getting smothered.

I’m not sure how that says, I have it in for him?

I actually posted that in that wing role he needs to take it on more. Get the thing and go.

Truly bizarre post to make a leap that those comments mean I have it in for him.

I’m not his biggest fan, by a long stretch.

But the comment was on an aspect of his play that is frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF?!?

Im calling out a big flaw in his game which is to stop, prop, try to come back on his left, which sometimes leads to his kick getting smothered.

I actually posted that in that wing role he needs to take it on more. Get the thing and go.

Truly bizarre post to make a leap that those comments mean I have it in for him.

So the umpires and Dylan cost us the game?

So the umpires and Dylan cost us the game?
To quote a post of yours to another poster, maybe go take a nap?

I’m not sure what shit you are on to come up with a post where I said the umpires and Dylan cost us the game?

I mentioned the umpires ****ing us over and a flaw in Stephen’s game.

Your’e cooked buddy!

FFS 🤦‍♂️

This is the one and only reminder that getting into personal insults about a poster’s mum and/or family is a fast pass to BF oblivion. This isn’t Bay 13.

Back to Disco……

Never thought I’d be relieved that the discussion is steering towards Dylan Stephens.

WTF?!?

There’s a weird thing on our board where a few posters jump down the throats of anyone making a thoughtful criticism of a player.

Meanwhile the game day threads are toxic dumpster fires of inane comments basically abusing players. It’s weird

He still has 2 mind melting moments of bad composure a game and he still squibs 1 or 2 contests a game, yet others he seems to stand up.

Colby had his slip over, so it happens to all players. Dylan just manages to completely self destruct once or twice a game.

He's clearly someone with it all between the ears.

The decision making issues would be fine, if he just really went hard when there's a 50/50 ball he can impact. He's not a small body either. I'm not usually one of critiquing players on this, as players have different game styles.

However, maybe unfortunately for him, he's had an opportunity for probably each of his last 5 or 6 games where he's had a 50/50 ball and probably had the advantage in terms distance to the footy and he's pulled up or gone nowhere near at the intensity he's needed to. There's no excuse, as Wardlaw, Xerri, Archer, Comben are all setting the example. LDU was laconic like this, but has improved a lot this season with defensive efforts.

There's no way I could trust him in finals with his game style at the moment until he improved this intensity, he's exactly the type that would (and does regularly each final series) go to water under the pressure and physicality.

There’s a weird thing on our board where a few posters jump down the throats of anyone making a thoughtful criticism of a player.

Meanwhile the game day threads are toxic dumpster fires of inane comments basically abusing players. It’s weird
Its always been the same.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #15: Dylan Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back