Geelong
looking through the list and picked up some surprise inclusions:

ronnie burns
gary ayres

missing:

dwayne russell
stephen handley
brett spinks

unfortunate not going and would have liked to have seen would have been leigh colbert. anyone notice anyone else not going?

Great job there B.O
Just had a quick look for guys i know and see that Darren Morgan is not on that list.
Is this list those who have accepted ,and those not on this list presumebly cant make it for whatever reason.
Cos i thought everyone who has played 1 game was invited.

i think the same. if you have played 1 game plus then you get an invite. few more i picked up:

mark bos
craig bolton
malcolm blight
robert scott
sean denham
and john barnes who i thought i read had accepted.

interesting that guys like colbert, kingsley, gardiner aren't going to be there.

On that note, anyone know what Gardiner is doing these days? I know he wasn't up to standard, but i always liked him....

Leigh Tudor....obviously they play in tazzie in Saturday so probably cant make it due to that.

Interesting to see the assistants dont get a gig like McCartney and Amos.

Mick Turner has just confirmed he is 100% an up himself human being.

missing:

dwayne russell

unfortunate not going and would have liked to have seen would have been leigh colbert. anyone notice anyone else not going?

DerWayne and Moneybags might be working on Fox Sports on saturday night.

i think the same. if you have played 1 game plus then you get an invite. few more i picked up:

malcolm blight
Is Blight working on the ch10 game in Tassie on saturday arvo ?

Leigh Tudor....obviously they play in tazzie in Saturday so probably cant make it due to that.

Interesting to see the assistants dont get a gig like McCartney and Amos.
They'll be there.They're not named because it's players and head coach listed.

ronnie burns
gary ayres

missing:

dwayne russell
stephen handley
brett spinks

Steven King

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ronnie burns
gary ayres

missing:

dwayne russell
stephen handley
brett spinks

yeah really not sure of the criteria but i can think of heaps missing without really trying.

malcolm blight - coach
jason mooney - cams brother
spiro and tony malakellis
stephen owen
Marcus Baldwin
Derek hall
Craig Cleave
Damien Chritiensen

I'm pretty certain all players that have played a senior game were invited. However they had to pay thier own way too so some of them might have thought that was a bit rich! Im tipping they would get their tickets at discounted rate though.

yeah really not sure of the criteria but i can think of heaps missing without really trying.

malcolm blight - coach
jason mooney - cams brother
spiro and tony malakellis
stephen owen
Marcus Baldwin
Derek hall
Craig Cleave
Damien Chritiensen

Blight was working for TEN tonight

J Mooney lives in Qld IIRC.

Stephen Owen never played an AFL game.

---------------

I noticed James "Hi, I'm actor Troy" McClure attended. He played just 3 senior games; I couldn't see any other player I knew of who had played so few games. I looked for other players I remember who played only a handful of AFL games and couldn't see any other attendees: John Cunningham, Cain Liddle, Robert DiRosa, Shane Crothers, Tim Allen, Cristian O'Brien Tim Finocchiaro, Paul Lindsay ........

Also none of the 1998 trade period players were there: Tristan Lynch, Scott Bamford, Simon Arnott and JM. Those dudes started at the Cats with a 5 game winning streak:thumbsu: followed by a 9 game losing streak. :eek:

Grant Tanner attended.:thumbsu: Came over from SA? Perhaps not. What's the history with players who move to Geelong from interstate to play for the Cats but remain in G town after their playing career?

Clint Bizzell didn't attend. I was surprised to see he only played 13 more games for Melbourne: 88 versus 75 at Geelong. If I hadn't checked I would have thought he would have played shitloads more games as a Demon; six years at both clubs and he played FA senior football in his first two years at Geelong.

Check this out: http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/alltime/geelong.html

Plenty of one-gamers and two-gamers - >10% of players to have played senior GFC football fall into these categories.

FFS >50% of players that were good enough to earn senior selection at the club didn't make it to 20 games. :eek:

Jimmmehhh!!!
402611.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

News 150th year dinner guest list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back