AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Re-signed for two more years - 3/6

Remove this Banner Ad

The player has the ball literally the entire time???
yeah i reckon he let go because he was worried about a bullshit holding the ball decision.

He reminds me a bit of Melksham - in that he has a great game and you think he’s arrived. But it’s actually just an exceptional performance, and he’s bog average for the rest of the season.

This is the second season running where he’s had a single standout performance, and then… his form just drops off.

He largely played HFF tonight and really had very little impact on the game. I wonder if the midfielder experiment is over?

He reminds me a bit of Melksham - in that he has a great game and you think he’s arrived. But it’s actually just an exceptional performance, and he’s bog average for the rest of the season.

This is the second season running where he’s had a single standout performance, and then… his form just drops off.

He largely played HFF tonight and really had very little impact on the game. I wonder if the midfielder experiment is over?
He had plenty of midfield minutes and a few CBAs still.

I actually mentioned the same thing earlier this week. There are some parallels.

Cox is our new Kepler Bradley and Reid is the new Gumbleton.

But it is all okay. He will come good :thumbsu:
70 plus games and he is still working out how to play AFL footy.
giphy.gif

Obviously kept in for some structural needs or some 1%ers but prob needs to reassess a career in the afl or if Ess is the club for him.
Pains me to say it bc he’s been able to play a lot of senior games without too much disruption. Despite Harry and Nik’s injury gaps they look to be passing him by.

Obviously kept in for some structural needs or some 1%ers but prob needs to reassess a career in the afl or if Ess is the club for him.
Pains me to say it bc he’s been able to play a lot of senior games without too much disruption. Despite Harry and Nik’s injury gaps they look to be passing him by.
The young guys seem to be either not injured and janky, or injured (durability issues) but have shown good signs.

He'd rather be in Ibiza with his old school mates. I'm fine with letting him go. He's not cut out for senior footy.

Don't mind me. I'm still cranky.
You’re allowed to be angry.
I’m sorry they let you down again.
There will be more of these hits and misses until there’s real balance to the side. Must get rid of dead wood first and other essington habits.

If he wants out, I am hoping WCE would be interested in him(among others) when Harley tells WC he wants to come to Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

man people do not like this guy. interesting. he has had an alright development year. was pretty good until about the west coast game. I'd probably just keep playing him
No. We like him but we want to see some effort and interest. Not much to ask when you're at that level earning big bucks.

What type of player would you compare him to from other clubs? Is he similar to Rayner who has been gifted games for 5 years now? Would be interesting to see his comparison at the same age. I guess we were/are hoping he can be a Heeney type?

I really, really like this bloke as a player and want him to succeed. I'm ok with them playing him every week, for this year, but man I'd like to see a bit more from him. Has had a couple of disastrous fumbles over the past two weeks, which stick in your mind.

Is down on confidence and not rolling his sleeves up to do the team things.
2 weeks in the VFL is on the cards.

One thing that probably isnt helping is the amount he sits on the bench. Played 62% this week, 71% last week, 63% before that. Whilst i get if he isnt up to it he shouldnt be gifted minutes, better off getting his confidence in the twos and playing a younger kid for the experience.

Is down on confidence and not rolling his sleeves up to do the team things.
2 weeks in the VFL is on the cards.

One thing that probably isnt helping is the amount he sits on the bench. Played 62% this week, 71% last week, 63% before that. Whilst i get if he isnt up to it he shouldnt be gifted minutes, better off getting his confidence in the twos and playing a younger kid for the experience.
I wonder if he’s carrying something. He seems miles off the 12 tackle performance we saw in round one.

What type of player would you compare him to from other clubs? Is he similar to Rayner who has been gifted games for 5 years now? Would be interesting to see his comparison at the same age. I guess we were/are hoping he can be a Heeney type?

If we’re going Brisbane maybe a smaller Jarrad Berry.

Lipinski from Collingwood also a good comp. Decent mid/HF

If everything goes well he’s your Jake/Dusty/Petracca/Degoey/Danger type that’s the hope anyway.

Power mid forwards tend to take a while to work it out.

If we’re going Brisbane maybe a smaller Jarrad Berry.

Lipinski from Collingwood also a good comp. Decent mid/HF

If everything goes well he’s your Jake/Dusty/Petracca/Degoey/Danger type that’s the hope anyway.

Power mid forwards tend to take a while to work it out.
I like the Paul Chapman comparison, who I believe was his fav player…

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Re-signed for two more years - 3/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back