AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Re-signed for two more years - 3/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Came on as sub, whilst wasnt great - laid 3 tackles (more then gresham, menzie and jones combined)

definitely needs a spell in the twos to get some confidence and want back but gee the pile on is ridiculous.
Was not our worst.

He’s just so out of form at the moment. It didn’t work as sub esp given the momentum when he came on. He needs vfl for a bit. I’d like to see a refreshed Archie in 2025.

christ how does a guy who came on for maybe 10 minutes get a page and half of rinsing.
This is where Scott takes too long to pull the trigger on the sub IMO. Like Hind got 5 minutes the other week. Players need >30 min to have a real impact IMO. For mine I would pull the sub lever early in the third.

Look at Shiel, was sub and had 0 inpact. Full game and he shines.

Hopefully the sub rule is scrapped next year as it is mostly used tactically now anyway. Just have 5-6 on the bench.

christ how does a guy who came on for maybe 10 minutes get a page and half of rinsing.

Being fresh on the ground you'd think he'd throw himself into it a bit more. He always comes across as being a bit laid back and not putting in 100%. Maybe seeming a bit lazy.

I'd say the comments are more a build up of what his attutude has been for a while now. When he's switched on with the ball in hand he seems almost unstoppable, but he just seems to give up too easily when the ball is going the other way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mad billy madison GIF

thanks dad
These were not actually my words so I’ll elaborate for you as there is some context missing and I was being a bit sarcastic.

Someone ansked about Archie’s form during a Q and A at a sponsor’s event that I was at the week before last and these were actually Mark Harvey’s words.

Harvs said that Archie is “sitting on opposition midfielders because he is midfield fit”. He also mentioned that he may not be in form but that was useful to the team and he is a “big boy so can handle it”. He also mentioned that he thought Archie would go “back to being a pressure forward soon”. He didn’t seem too worried by Archie’s form slump although he is generally pretty positive (possibly too positive).

That was before the Melbourne game and he has been pretty average before and since.

These were not actually my words so I’ll elaborate for you as there is some context missing and I was being a bit sarcastic.

Someone ansked about Archie’s form during a Q and A at a sponsor’s event that I was at the week before last and these were actually Mark Harvey’s words.

Harvs said that Archie is “sitting on opposition midfielders because he is midfield fit”. He also mentioned that he may not be in form but that was useful to the team and he is a “big boy so can handle it”. He also mentioned that he thought Archie would go “back to being a pressure forward soon”. He didn’t seem too worried by Archie’s form slump although he is generally pretty positive (possibly too positive).

That was before the Melbourne game and he has been pretty average before and since.

So reading that, we are using him because we have no one else who is "midfield fit"? He's not in form but they don't have anyone else to do it.
Presumably the balance gets better when parish returns hence why it's only temporary.

So reading that, we are using him because we have no one else who is "midfield fit"? He's not in form but they don't have anyone else to do it.
Presumably the balance gets better when parish returns hence why it's only temporary.
He did say that Parish would have to win his spot back and would play in the reserves. It will be interesting to see if this happens. He should be good to go I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Re-signed for two more years - 3/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back