Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Name me one 28-year-old half back that's gone for 2 x 1st rounders in a trade? Pick 7 is not mid-late either.
How many 28 year old half backs who are in all Australian form have requested a trade with years left on the contract despite the club wanting him to stay?

Name me one 28-year-old half back that's gone for 2 x 1st rounders in a trade? Pick 7 is not mid-late either.
Richmonds worst supporters:

- support everyone on the board blindly

- support louie meehan

- support 100milion dollar blowout on facility build

- support the use of fluro instead of yellow on our sash

- support green , red and blue sponsors on our jumper

- want to give away players for nothing

do I go on

- support louie meehan

do I go on
please dont

Why never warmed to him. Been fantastic in the backline what’s there not to like.
overated in the easiest position to play on the ground

hes like a deer in the headlights , disposal is very average

overated in the easiest position to play on the ground

hes like a deer in the headlights , disposal is very average
Eff. Disposals %
77.1​

Wouldn’t call that very average.

How many 28 year old half backs who are in all Australian form have requested a trade with years left on the contract despite the club wanting him to stay?
Brad Hill? He was the same age and contracted for 2 more years at Freo when he left for St Kilda for pick 10 and R2 pick which ended up somewhere around 30 and a couple of 4th rounders. Not even close to 7&12 or 7&20, especially in a super draft.

The fact is 2x 1sts are usually reserved for elite mids and key position players, not half backers. Watch if Houston leaves Port. He's the same age, contracted long term, better, and an actual All Australian. Port won't get for him what we will for Rioli.

Brad Hill? He was the same age and contracted for 2 more years at Freo when he left for St Kilda for pick 10 and R2 pick which ended up somewhere around 30 and a couple of 4th rounders. Not even close to 7&12 or 7&20, especially in a super draft.

The fact is 2x 1sts are usually reserved for elite mids and key position players, not half backers. Watch if Houston leaves Port. He's the same age, contracted long term, better, and an actual All Australian. Port won't get for him what we will for Rioli.
and about 3-5 years younger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point re indigenous
If we lose Rioli and Bolton and Pickett that is essentially all of our mature indigenous players and current leaders

What started with Sheds took a long time to foster and nurture and it would be a crying shame to lose that strong connection

If Couthard also doesn’t get another contract it would only leave Mansell and Rioli Jr at the club
nothing lasts forever tho,we need the best talent available on top of the best native talent available,if we have 2 or 8 native speakers on the list it really shouldnt matter as long as we select the right players to execute out on the field,its what happens out on the field that matters in the long run

He gets us more draft capital than shai Bolton

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

- support louie meehan

do I go on
- campaigners with no idea

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Why? It'd have absolutely 0 to do with their indigenous roots. Our club embraces that better than any other.

Coulthard does not deserve another contract, giving him one just because he's aboriginal would be a terrible decision.
Due to the fact that there is a declining representation of indigenous players in the AFL. And a player like Dan is one of the best Indigenous players in the league.

You forget a lot of the Indigenous boys come from remote places, the big city lifestyle is hard to transition to.

Dan has done it, he also provides support for other indigenous players on the list, but also the KGI and MITS programs which are very delicate and important programs for the club and the AFL in general.

The only reason I would sign Coulthard is to make Dan more comfortable in case Bolton does request a trade due to family reasons. - Pickett is delisted.

Unless it is a godfather offer.
Ben King, Matt Rowell type trade then get away GC.

Like I said, we can get GC’s first pick without trading a player.

Threaten to bid on Lombard @ pick 1 and then force them to do a Pick swapping deal with us.

- likewise with Brisbane.

He gets us more draft capital than shai Bolton

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No chance. Bolton is younger, an actual AA, a match winner and plays a much harder position.

one of the reasons so s**t last 2 seasons is DRioli played outta position,still the best small fwd @ the club,in a side thats struggled to kick 9 golas a game last 44 games hes left holding his bean bag down back :shrug: ,what a waste ,3 coaches who had NFI in the end.
whats more important getting AA or kickin snags and hoisting flags ? farkeen clueless MC,drafted in 6 HB's
& ended up using the best small fwd @ the club in the position,hacks.

Wasn’t a another player also involved in that trade?

Sorry, yes you're right. A fringe Blake Acres, who was given away for a packet of chips 3 seasons later.
Bloke has played over 150 games
He wasn’t a fringe player

will kick 35+ a season @ his next club,take it to the bank

5 x's the small fwd Ginni n Shultz n Papsmear n Stengle have ever been,RFC deluded,wasted on a HB where any spud can get a kick just look @ Markov

last 3 coaches have cost us at least 12-15 games over the 3 seasons refusing to play him fwd,idiots

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back