Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

GC just need draft point for their academy kids. Low draft picks mean FA to them as long as they've got enough points for the academy kids.
A lot of flexibility with offering them second or third rounders to secure 2 Firsts. Maybe we can pay part of his salary as Bolton has apparently told the club today as well... We are not going to be able to be where we should be in the salary cap (from my limited understanding, anyway).

Yer this one hurts....
I always felt like Bakes and Shai would eventually head West.
Daniel i thought could be our next captain.

I wonder what Cotch and Jack would be thinking?
They spoke about staying at the Tigs at the end of 2016 so Dan would hopefully one day taste success...

I guess Dan dosnt feel that way about our younger players.

Thanks for the mems

[PLAYERCARD]adam saad[/PLAYERCARD] GIF by AFL

did noting for years after that until they hid him in the easiest position on the ground
You been on the bongs again bro… he has been pretty solid. Sad he is moving and I get your sentiment but he has been a great player for our club. Hopefully this isn’t done yet or if it is then we get a handsome haul in return

I hear you man.
But it's better to be bottom four for three years than to be midtable for six.
Plus we won't have any handouts.
We'll get to see the new generation come through which is always exciting.
plus Tassie factor means we have the chance to jump ahead of all other clubs before the compromise comes.

I hear you man.
But it's better to be bottom four for three years than to be midtable for six.
Plus we won't have any handouts.
We'll get to see the new generation come through which is always exciting.
And we get good draft picks bottoming out now which we won't when Tassie enter the comp.

One thing I can't understand is why we didn't at least give him a crack in the mids for a few games this year, maybe GCS are thinking this way? Longmuir moved Young from defence to mids and that worked out ok. Rioli would add that bit of zip and spark that the Suns don't have.

I think he could work off a wing. Not inside the contest though.

Doesn't have the build or composure for it.

Cotch and Jack when things get hard -
“Let’s knuckle down and create a great environment so the kids like Dan Rioli can experience club success”.

Dan Rioli when it’s time to repay the club:

View attachment 2093593

Finally someone who gets it. Lol the amount of posters who only heard "let's win a flag for Dan Rioli"....... as though they weren't referring to all the players of that ilk. Wtf were they expecting them to list each player they were referring to as they counted em on each finger 🤣. HBF easiest position to play, got 10 players waiting to fill his role. Adios Dan. Take Uncle MRJ with ya. We need to bleed GC for all they've got.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

plus Tassie factor means we have the chance to jump ahead of all other clubs before the compromise comes.

Bingo. Tassie enter the League in 2028 that means they'll be present for the 2027 drafts and they'll get the same draft concessions/advantages as GWS and Gold Coast which means the talent pool will be further diluted on a national scale for clubs as a whole. Plus, the new Tassie team will get these draft concessions/advantages for a few more drafts after 2027 (2028, 2029 etc).

Best to bottom out now and get as many high draft picks as possible between now (2024) and 2026 because when the 2027 draft comes around - it's a whole new ball game.

I think he could work off a wing. Not inside the contest though.

Doesn't have the build or composure for it.
You're probably right with that, when Flanders was playing in defence he would break from the back of the square and provide that outside link, reckon Rioli would suit that style and being quicker as well

Just to clarify. Dan is 27. He'll turn 28 next year
Thanks for posting - this may be many things but it aint a player who is past it looking for a retirement contract.
Rioli has a good 4-5 years of prime footy left in him.

ask for 6 and 13 for Dan and 29

Yer this one hurts....
I always felt like Bakes and Shai would eventually head West.
Daniel i thought could be our next captain.

I wonder what Cotch and Jack would be thinking?
They spoke about staying at the Tigs at the end of 2016 so Dan would hopefully one day taste success...

I guess Dan dosnt feel that way about our younger players.

Thanks for the mems

adam saad GIF by AFL
It hurts, but I miss Dan the forward. I won't miss the half back as much, as good as he's been.

I simply don't have emotional attachment to players anymore.
Other than Dusty, it just not worth it these days.
Contracts mean nothing other than security for the player and more bargaining power for the club when player requests a move.
Forgive me not being sad at anyone leaving from now on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back