Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for posting - this may be many things but it aint a player who is past it looking for a retirement contract.
Rioli has a good 4-5 years of prime footy left in him.

ask for 6 and 13 for Dan and 29
We need to be careful what second/third rounders we send out the other way, as we need to package plenty to Brisbane for their first pick. But yeah, might still be doable. They could then maybe use 29 for Noble.

One thing I can't understand is why we didn't at least give him a crack in the mids for a few games this year, maybe GCS are thinking this way? Longmuir moved Young from defence to mids and that worked out ok. Rioli would add that bit of zip and spark that the Suns don't have.

Yeah i think you're onto something..... GC with all their early 1st midfield depth and Lombardo and 3 more on the way next year were thinking..... what do we need? A HBF. Let's get one and sell the absolute farm then HOPE he can play out of position..... in a position we're stacked in... and neglect the reason we were interested in him in the first place. By God I like your logic..... 🤭

Hardwick is the real dog in all of this.
Careful on the Hardwick critique's, had some of our more holier than thou posters/members get really sanctimonious on me earlier this year for saying good riddance. Really quite hysterical and naïve.

Lets make sure we hold out for what's best for Richmond.

You're either with us or your against us.

Eat em alive.

Good value of a pick back.
But jeez probably losing the b&f winner and a crucial team member - cultural leader, stings a bit. These kind of players make up the fabric of a club/team.

Wonder what has gone wrong? He’d be highly paid too…

I love D Rioli but this trade is just a bonus with where Richmond are at currently
#6 plus extra is just a Xmas present for a 28 year old HBF

Very similar vibes to the Lids trade here
we can only win from this

Now let Graham walk

What is an added bonus is Bigfooty currently going into full meltdown at the thought of us getting pick 6.

Jealously is at an all time high right now.

Bring back the salt thread

Last edited:
Yeah i think you're onto something..... GC with all their early 1st midfield depth and Lombardo and 3 more on the way next year were thinking..... what do we need? A HBF. Let's get one and sell the absolute farm then HOPE he can play out of position..... in a position we're stacked in... and neglect the reason we were interested in him in the first place. By God I like your logic..... 🤭
Rightio, haha. I did amend my thoughts in another post after that where I said he can add to their clearance mix by being that outside receiver with speed that breaks from the back of the square.

I simply don't have emotional attachment to players anymore.
Other than Dusty, it just not worth it these days.
Contracts mean nothing other than security for the player and more bargaining power for the club when player requests a move.
Forgive me not being sad at anyone leaving from now on.
100% tugga

I posted about a week ago how I'm not invested in players like I used to be; all players are up for grabs if it means it can improve our team.

Dusty was an exception.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good value of a pick back.
But jeez probably losing the b&f winner and a crucial team member - cultural leader, stings a bit. These kind of players make up the fabric of a club/team.

Wonder what has gone wrong? He’d be highly paid too…

Yze, Hardwick D, clubs position, fiancés dj’ing opportunities, lots of dumb shit

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sad to see, wears the number #17.

I have been a big fan of Daniel Rioli since him coming to the club.
It makes me realize how special guys like Cotch, Riewoldt & all the loyalty players we have had.

It makes me realize how special guys like Cotch, Riewoldt & all the loyalty players we have had.
yeah it's pretty sad he has thrown in the towel with us that easy..
I like pick 6 but what's the reasoning behind it.

Gives MRJ the chance to shift to #17 though...

That's why I have lost a lot of respect for Dimma, I will always respect him for doing everything for helping us win the flags & that won't ever change he deserves that respect, but when you start raiding players, staff that's when you have to draw the line...

Daniel Rioli would never go to the Suns if it wasn't Dimma convincing him & he wasn't there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back