Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

jokes aside we will miss Dan.
No **** off, you've upset me now.

But yeah, we will, and when he is running down the wing lacing out King, and we cant kick more than 4 goals a week, its gon hurt even more

Daniel gave us 9 great years of service, while he was part of the flags, he was also a mentor to the Indigenous boys as well. I have no issue with him choosing to move as I've said all year that anyone not committed to the plan Yze has for the club can move on and let us bring in the next wave. Daniel will always be a Richmond person. It would have been great for him to stay and build on the legacy that the likes of Cotchin & Riewoldt spoke about building for him, but so be it.
He won’t always be a Richmond person.

He’ll be wearing red and yellow and trying to extend his club’s five game win streak against us.

That doesn’t make him
A Richmond person.

PS He’s free to do what he wants but a ‘Richmond person’ like Broady sticks through the hard times.

I thought there was a lot of selfishness in Rioli’s play this year. Tried too hard to do the flash stuff and individual stuff, while the others did the team things like manning up and defending.

It's why I continue to state, I don't get attached players anymore.

They are Richmond football club assets to me, no one is bigger than the club.
That’s right, if this is the player that delivers us the next Dusty it just gets done.

jokes aside we will miss Dan.

Yeah we will miss him but now he wants out he has to go. If a GC trade can’t be worked out talk to other clubs.

Once you want out you’re out. See how you feel playing for north for a season. Can’t stay now no matter what.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richo, Dusty, Cotch, Roo, Dyer, Bartlett, etc there are a few very special Richmond men

Rioli aint it

Only a few special generational players that define eras in the clubs history - wouldn't wanna be Hawks and trade them for a pack of chips - Hodge, Mitchell

Yeah we will miss him but now he wants out he has to go. If a GC trade can’t be worked out talk to other clubs.

Once you want out you’re out. See how you feel playing for north for a season. Can’t stay now no matter what.
💯 that’s for sure. Anyone that doesn’t want to be apart of the future, cya later.

ive moved on, anymore moving on and Its hard to back the tigers after years and years of ninthmond jokes.
I dont want complacency anymore, i want us to be a power house, ATM from all angles all i'm seeing so far is complacency, its everywhere.
we need a cheat ground like the scats

shouldve developed punt rd as a boutique stadium to play small clubs at to gain an advantage

Most loyal people in any sporting organizations are the humble fans. Without us clubs would be dead. Toce Hartley and Livo better do the right thing by us now as this is a huge opportunity to get to the top faster.
that’s right, unless they are a child and have Dan number on their jumper. Might be upset for a few days before moving on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back