Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Straight swap for Noah Anderson

Hardwick has obviously convinced Rioli to leave us and break his contract.

Never expected Rioli to leave the club
Don’t think Hardwick did to much
Would be more his Mrs in his ear

Yer this one hurts....
I always felt like Bakes and Shai would eventually head West.
Daniel i thought could be our next captain.

I wonder what Cotch and Jack would be thinking?
They spoke about staying at the Tigs at the end of 2016 so Dan would hopefully one day taste success...

I guess Dan dosnt feel that way about our younger players.

Thanks for the mems

adam saad GIF by AFL
Poor old Jack Graham was running backwards in that clip :drunk:

Good value of a pick back.
But jeez probably losing the b&f winner and a crucial team member - cultural leader, stings a bit. These kind of players make up the fabric of a club/team.

Wonder what has gone wrong? He’d be highly paid too…
girlfriend loves the goldy, dimma father figure, he's halfway back to his birth place for visits, more money, 3 flags around his neck and maybe a 4th at suns, leaves tigers knowing they are well compensated. no brainer. good on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he’d hang around to help the kids and stay loyal and provide leadership. But walks out on the club mid contract instead. Disappointing decision by him. High pick is great but we’ll have plenty of picks and needed him a lot more than the others that are going. Didn’t expect him to drop everything for Dimma. Oh well bugger off lol

Thought he’d hang around to help the kids and stay loyal and provide leadership. But walks out on the club mid contract instead. Disappointing decision by him. High pick is great but we’ll have plenty of picks and needed him a lot more than the others that are going. Didn’t expect him to drop everything for Dimma. Oh well bugger off lol
plenty of picks but this could give us another in the top 10

Probably a short conversation, Queenslander and extended his rookie contact, but an Ethan Read would be ideal.

Also, the discussion about Rioli comp and the pick swaps required for their 13/20 is the same chat.

thats crap, we left the door slightly open for him to get to the next chapter of his career and life...i'm 100% sure he goes with the players and clubs best wishes....only ones sooking it up are a few salty supporters. apart from melbourne being the footy capital..... still not the ideal living place for most.

Yeah that's bullshit. So contracts are worth diddly squat now. Absoultely disappointed in his decision. Can go and get fugged.
Not true but in terms coming out public & asking for a trade yes, but we can't still hold them to contract that's the advantage of having it. if we don't get the deal we want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back