Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

thats crap, we left the door slightly open for him to get to the next chapter of his career and life...i'm 100% sure he goes with the players and clubs best wishes....only ones sooking it up are a few salty supporters. apart from melbourne being the footy capital..... still not the ideal living place for most.

He drops everything for daddy Dimma. Signed for 5 years not too long ago for his beloved tigers and to stay with his mates and lead the kids. At least Maurice is sticking with us. I call crap on Dan lol. Moving on now. I’ll boo him though :cool:

Not if we gets suns 1st and F1

Thats what id be asking for, maybe give them a 2nd rounder back.
I would be asking for both their 1st picks this year with some rubbish picks going back
We can trade into next year ourself if need

Collect the best picks we can this year and take our 7 picks and move what we need into next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thats crap, we left the door slightly open for him to get to the next chapter of his career and life...i'm 100% sure he goes with the players and clubs best wishes....only ones sooking it up are a few salty supporters. apart from melbourne being the footy capital..... still not the ideal living place for most.
That’s right, correct me if i am wrong but Lynch did the same thing leaving the suns to come to us. Goes both ways people.

Assuming even more that we actually draft the top liners we need

I don’t think we will necessarily get compensated as well as we all think and have been discussing over the past few months.

We’ve never been a club to play hardball with our players if they’ve asked for a trade. Will be interesting to see what happens

That’s right, correct me if i am wrong but Lynch did the same thing leaving the suns to come to us. Goes both ways people.
Difference for me is that Lynch wasn’t contracted

Rioli is walking out mid contract that is the bit that really makes me think less of him

Dan has been a part of 3 flags and played in front of the largest crowds possible. Thank you for your service.
He is not going to be playing in another flag side and he will be playing to the lowest crowds possible, for a side that has never tasted finals success.

Even if he stayed, he won't be part of the next Tiger's flag, but his move to sunny queensland will facilitate us building our next generation of premiership players.

The way I'm seeing it - Having Caracella back and the likelihood of having at least pick 6 and more (from this trade, Bolton and Baker) is great news - we will have our next generation of premiership players than be stuck in the post Tasmania wilderness.

Disappointing that the Club hasn't come out & said Rioli has requested a trade given all the journo's have gone with it.
It's their responsibility to let supporters & members know that he has officially requested.

Eagles have done it with Barrass. they recently posted Dylan Grimes picture saying Tiger for life trying to the focus off.

No one should be surprised by this. Some tried to delude themselves that there was nothing to it, but the speculation was too loud and too consistent.

Personally I hold no ill-will toward's Rioli. He has been a great player, who has played his guts out this year thereby ensuring his value in a trade is going to be very very high. Moreover, the club wants picks and he knows it, everyone involved wants this to be a win-win situation.

As for GC, I'm no fan of Hardwick, dumping us when we got him the new toys of Taranto and Hopper, for the even newer toys up north is still a sore point for me. However, this is a test for GC which they can't afford to fail. A three times premiership player in his prime and potential B&F is a mighty big fish that wants to join them. They have the Gold Coast lifestyle etc, but to truly argue they are destination club, they can't allow this trade to fail.

But back to Daniel, very grateful for what he has given to the club and will be even more so if we get the picks that we are after. I for one won't be booing him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back