Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Wants out. Get him where he wants for the deal that works out for us. I don't see him in our next push for a flag anyway and AI highly doubt he is the leader that we need down back (Vlas and Broad).
is this post AI ?

Gold Coast were reported to be opening with 12 & 20 as a FIRST offer. We will take pick 6 for him.

Could also see them offering future 1st and 12 but reckon we’re set for 6 in this draft
I find it amazing that things like this get leaked....If in fact they do, and it's not just someone making up stories.

We need to be ruthless.
Demand 6 & 12 and give them back late picks that make up the points for 12, help with Dan's salary for a year or two.

If it must just be 6 - then no salary cap relief, no late picks.

This deal has been done for months

All these decision makers, not only know each other, but are great friends, and have worked together for years, and will stay friends long after this deal has been finalised

Blair, Craig Cameron, Wayne Campbell, Dimma, Livingstone, they are great mates, this deal will be done, and on terms that suit us, very very confident there will be no stand off here, it may very well end up being seen in history as Dimmas last gift to the tigers .

BRING IT ON !

Last edited:
This deal has been done for months

All these decision makers, not only know each other, but are great friends, and have worked together for years, and will stay friends long after this deal has been finalised

Blair, Craig Cameron, Wayne Campbell, Dimma, Livingstone, they are great mates, this deal will be done, and on terms that suit us, very very confident there will be no stand off here, it may very well end up being seen in history and Dimmas last gift to the tigers .

BRING IT ON !
What else has he 'gifted' us since leaving?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Dimma is trying to take short cuts by recruiting experienced players just like TT and hopper. He isn't interested in top picks or developing young players. Let's see if the suns agree to give away top picks.
It's got a bit of that DeJa'Vu nostalgia about it when Malthouse went to Carlton taking his favourite son Dale the Daisy Flower Thomas over with him. Pagan did the same at Carlton. They're the constant mistakes premiership coaches make when they go to another club. As you say they're shortcuts bc these guys become impatient as compared to their previous success they forget the patience needed to build and develop a list. They haven't got anyone with the leadership , heart, loyalty and talent as Cotchin, Martin, JACK, Sheds, Grimes, Houli, Flossy and co.
if I had a choice between Houli and Rioli it would be Houli every minute of the week as he changed his game to elite gut running, totally diminishing his opponent to a pimple on an arseh*le with a hard edge which Rioli doesn't have. Rioli plays like a millionaire and looks beautiful to the human eye, but when you see how his opponent hurts him you start to question his net worth as a leader and team player. I say he's just another Daisy Thomas that will not be missed.

I reckon Dan has sat down and thought what is best for him but also for Richmond.
Yeah that’s fair. Said he was cooked months later he’s a coach again. Think we all saw it coming. We all knew he was done with us for a while though.

I’d have loved to have been a fly on the wall when he had his conversation with Gale.
CFL boy's club had a lot to do with this.
Dismantled Richmond,piece by piece.
First it was the rule changes.

I reckon Dan has sat down and thought what is best for him but also for Richmond.

CFL boy's club had a lot to do with this.
Dismantled Richmond,piece by piece.
First it was the rule changes.
Still gutting us one slice at a time

It's got a bit of that DeJa'Vu nostalgia about it when Malthouse went to Carlton taking his favourite son Dale the Daisy Flower Thomas over with him. Pagan did the same at Carlton. They're the constant mistakes premiership coaches make when they go to another club. As you say they're shortcuts bc these guys become impatient as compared to their previous success they forget the patience needed to build and develop a list. They haven't got anyone with the leadership , heart, loyalty and talent as Cotchin, Martin, JACK, Sheds, Grimes, Houli, Flossy and co.
if I had a choice between Houli and Rioli it would be Houli every minute of the week as he changed his game to elite gut running, totally diminishing his opponent to a pimple on an arseh*le with a hard edge which Rioli doesn't have. Rioli plays like a millionaire and looks beautiful to the human eye, but when you see how his opponent hurts him you start to question his net worth as a leader and team player. I say he's just another Daisy Thomas that will not be missed.
Houli was cooked by the end & needed replacing. 2022 saw Baker out the backline & Rioli in.

D Riolis sprint efforts are "elite" but we still won a spoon.

Easy position, relatively. Smith is coming along OK.

Noah Cumberland gunna be Houli 3.0?

Houli was cooked by the end & needed replacing. 2022 saw Baker out the backline & Rioli in.

D Riolis sprint efforts are "elite" but we still won a spoon.

Easy position, relatively. Smith is coming along OK.

Noah Cumberland gunna be Houli 3.0?
Dusty was cooked in the end. It happens to everyone TTT.
Sprint efforts mean nothing if you get caught on the hop/ rebound too often by your man.
Definitely the easiest position to play and all wheelorating data shows this. The HBF that are super elite to me are Sinclair and Blakey. Smith is a starting point

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back