Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw him having a coffee at Lalor Plaza with Dimma. Must be true.
Nothing happens at lalor plaza without my knowledge. Plus the old Macedonian men would not put up with a pitchka like dimma

Last edited:
It's got a bit of that DeJa'Vu nostalgia about it when Malthouse went to Carlton taking his favourite son Dale the Daisy Flower Thomas over with him. Pagan did the same at Carlton. They're the constant mistakes premiership coaches make when they go to another club. As you say they're shortcuts bc these guys become impatient as compared to their previous success they forget the patience needed to build and develop a list. They haven't got anyone with the leadership , heart, loyalty and talent as Cotchin, Martin, JACK, Sheds, Grimes, Houli, Flossy and co.
if I had a choice between Houli and Rioli it would be Houli every minute of the week as he changed his game to elite gut running, totally diminishing his opponent to a pimple on an arseh*le with a hard edge which Rioli doesn't have. Rioli plays like a millionaire and looks beautiful to the human eye, but when you see how his opponent hurts him you start to question his net worth as a leader and team player. I say he's just another Daisy Thomas that will not be missed.
100% n this is bc DRioli is not a natural HB,been saying for faaarken years DRioli is /was the best small @ the RFC even when hes playing the easiest position on the field,not only did it FK RFC it FKD up Baker n Short whom they tried to turn into a FWD n Wingman respectively n neither are even close to that,their both HB's

This deal has been done for months

All these decision makers, not only know each other, but are great friends, and have worked together for years, and will stay friends long after this deal has been finalised

Blair, Craig Cameron, Wayne Campbell, Dimma, Livingstone, they are great mates, this deal will be done, and on terms that suit us, very very confident there will be no stand off here, it may very well end up being seen in history and Dimmas last gift to the tigers .

BRING IT ON !
It is true to a fair extent , Gc would commit to Rioli they’re all in and will get deal done , DR ain’t gonna declare he’s out if Gc are Luke warm he’d look like a fw if it went to custard same goes with Bolton

Wants out. Get him where he wants for the deal that works out for us. I don't see him in our next push for a flag anyway and AI highly doubt he is the leader that we need down back (Vlas and Broad).
I will be disappointed to see Rioli go but not as disappointed as I am seeing Short stay. We have a couple of kids that could fill in for these two. They're not as good as Rioli is yet I will admit. Also, if we get a bunch of talented kids, we will need to have spots to play them and half back is a good position to get games into them. The step backwards may not be as great as people expect and will happen in the next few years anyway.

Was hoping out of everyone rumoured to leave, that he would be the one to stay. Will win our b&f this year, pretty awkward, but I guess that drives his trade price up.

Really pissed he said he's a 'Tiger for life', then dudded us when times got tough. We have the whip hand, technically we could just play him next year in the reserves, or not at all, as punishment, then trade him at the end of next year.

Or like what Melbourne are doing with Petracca. Gary Lying came out and said 'They're absolutely resolute that he's not being traded under any circumstances. It's not happening, he needs to honour the contract and suck it up'.

But of course since we're the nice cuddly club, we'll honour what Daniel wants and trade him. Should get Pick 6 plus something extra.

Screw you Rioli, will boo you every time you get the ball!

This is exactly what the CFL boy's club wanted.
A rivalry and what better rival to choose than Richmond,their most hated team,the team they made rules against to try to give the free kick,first round draft pick,Ronald McDonald Suns a leg up and 50 extra members.
#weareeveryonesgrandfinal

This deal will get done on day 1 imo
Dimma will pay anything to get Daniel
GC list management think sun shines out of Dimma's 455
throw a spanner in the works and demand their #7 + #15

They will pay it IMO
dimmas last list appraisal had 90% of a premiership team on the list already. they dont need early draft picks they need quality ready to go players, they'll bend over to get rioli for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screw you Rioli, will boo you every time you get the ball!
Strikes me as a younger person’s comment. And perhaps I’d have said the same thing 40 years ago. But I’m really happy with him having perhaps his best ever season…while knowing he wanted to leave. I’m also happy he was a significant part of giving us 3 premierships…that I never expected to experience. Not to mention accepting he’d gone from a great to a poor half forward…then sucking it up to transition to a great half back. Perhaps if you have done those 37 years of misery…you’re gunna have a different perspective on things.

“Out of respect to both players and their wishes, at the right time - we will open conversations with their clubs of choice.

“We will listen to what the clubs have to offer and determine whether or not we believe it is a viable trade and in the best interests of the Richmond Football Club.”

It sounds to me like if Blair Hartley doesn't get what he wants they are coming back to the club.

We’ll have Clarke, Banks and Smith as options to take his spot. They’ll be under a lot of pressure. Expected Rioli to help with the transition and be the leader but nah. I gotta run bye :cool:
He was my fave player but not anymore lol
Trezise & Short will be the 2 players running off HBF

“Out of respect to both players and their wishes, at the right time - we will open conversations with their clubs of choice.

“We will listen to what the clubs have to offer and determine whether or not we believe it is a viable trade and in the best interests of the Richmond Football Club.”

It sounds to me like if Blair Hartley doesn't get what he wants they are coming back to the club.
Onya Blair,Richmond aren't a stepping stone to be trod on anymore.

Said from the getgo if rioli leaves Bolton may get cold feet and pretty sure that’s how it’s played out , good on mrj for re signing , he ll be a very rich boy now
I’m completely at peace with what’s happening, we’re that bloody far off that drastic action is req , we will look much stronger with returning injured players and hopefully some sound trades and we can drip feed in our top end draftees , will be exciting

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back