Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

once Judson get that knee back up and running...his run off HBF will be fire.
Will take some time, yet we got players to slip into the spot.

He's a goal kicking hf. No chance he ends up down back. Our fwd line is desperate for blokes who can put that leather thing through the big sticks. Lynch to fullback more likely.

Strikes me as a younger personā€™s comment. And perhaps Iā€™d have said the same thing 40 years ago. But Iā€™m really happy with him having perhaps his best ever seasonā€¦while knowing he wanted to leave. Iā€™m also happy he was a significant part of giving us 3 premiershipsā€¦that I never expected to experience. Not to mention accepting heā€™d gone from a great to a poor half forwardā€¦then sucking it up to transition to a great half back. Perhaps if you have done those 37 years of miseryā€¦youā€™re gunna have a different perspective on things.

I've been a bigfooty member for 20 years. Suffered the same misery as you. I'm old, just immature. I'm bitter and disagree with you, but that's fine. Go Tiges! Boo Rioli!

Was hoping out of everyone rumoured to leave, that he would be the one to stay. Will win our b&f this year, pretty awkward, but I guess that drives his trade price up.

Really pissed he said he's a 'Tiger for life', then dudded us when times got tough. We have the whip hand, technically we could just play him next year in the reserves, or not at all, as punishment, then trade him at the end of next year.

Or like what Melbourne are doing with Petracca. Gary Lying came out and said 'They're absolutely resolute that he's not being traded under any circumstances. It's not happening, he needs to honour the contract and suck it up'.

But of course since we're the nice cuddly club, we'll honour what Daniel wants and trade him. Should get Pick 6 plus something extra.

Screw you Rioli, will boo you every time you get the ball!
Gary Lyon is a proven liar.
He just can't grasp the concept that his beloved club has become a public toilet.
He thought they were in the midst of a dynasty.
There's clearly issues there, big issues. Both for Melbourne and Gazza lol.

As for us - I think we've made it pretty clear (via Blair) that we won't be pushed into any sort of deals that don't suit us for contracted players. Bolton and Rioli... Even Baker will want us well compensated.

We'll try and accommodate requests, but only if that deal is something that suits us, and gives us all a big boner.
Otherwise prepare to stay Bolton and Rioli.

There's been a bit of grandstanding in the media already from all the clubs involved. Huff and puff.

The reality is, we hold all the cards, the deck, and we own the table.
We charge what we want at the bar and you'll be stung for parking as well.
If the other clubs don't like it then f**k off.
Find your game breaker and match winner elsewhere or in the PSD lol.

Lids a Tiger legend made the move and the rest history.
He wanted out but helped us in the end.
Still a Tiger to me.

Someone told me yesterday, Deledio is Patient 0 of Meehans

Deledios calf issues didnā€™t start til Meehan started working there

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lids our last pick 1 šŸ‘Œ
this shapes as our biggest draft since 04 and ~
shiver just went down my spine
Yeah but we didn't have youtube then.

6 & Ethan Read for Dan & 29 is my pipe dream
Definitely a dream getting a Palm Beach lad out of the Coast, Simo. They know what they've got. They'd punt King before Read.

if riolis missis was from vic no way he goes

amazing the power of the poontang
That's half of Petracca's problem.

His Mrs has taken over the marketing arm off his Manager.
She's calling the shots.

She's not happy that he's not maximising his earing potential playing with a minnow club with stingy supporters.
With the power of the puddy - He's happy to/ has not choice but to agree lol

Remember when Dumma said there was no truth in the rumour Rioli to shit coast , lying heckin'g campaigner , Rioli just as bad up to the coast on the Bye to map out a deal . F off from the b n f to Rioli you gimp
Neil Balme once said Lying is the number one language within the afl and club staff and players. So true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was hoping out of everyone rumoured to leave, that he would be the one to stay. Will win our b&f this year, pretty awkward, but I guess that drives his trade price up.

Really pissed he said he's a 'Tiger for life', then dudded us when times got tough. We have the whip hand, technically we could just play him next year in the reserves, or not at all, as punishment, then trade him at the end of next year.

Or like what Melbourne are doing with Petracca. Gary Lying came out and said 'They're absolutely resolute that he's not being traded under any circumstances. It's not happening, he needs to honour the contract and suck it up'.

But of course since we're the nice cuddly club, we'll honour what Daniel wants and trade him. Should get Pick 6 plus something extra.

Screw you Rioli, will boo you every time you get the ball!
Why the **** would you boo him? Triple premiship player and gave the club 9 briliant seasons and will leave us with a better pick than we took him with.

Who gives a shit what he said. When he said that the club was planning to stay in flag contention for the next few years. Things have changes and its at a point where he can leave now, give the club a very good pick which will help the rebuild or stay playing at the bottom of the ladder and slow down the rebuild by not getting us picks.

Always find it so weird how supports get angry at players because they signed a contract and then left. You know if he didnt sign that contract we would be getting far, far, far less for him. Singing the contract garuntees we either get Rioli or get a great return for him. Win win. Nothing but love for him.

Remember when Dumma said there was no truth in the rumour Rioli to shit coast , lying heckin'g campaigner , Rioli just as bad up to the coast on the Bye to map out a deal . F off from the b n f to Rioli you gimp
Oh really? The opposition coach didn't come out mid-season and say that he was coming to the club?

Do you all hoenstly get pissed of when they 'lie' about this? THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT IT MIDSEASON. If you beleived those words, then thats 100% on yoy for being an absoulte nuffy.

Every club has a glut of half back flankers. The reason being, no draftee plays there in his junior years - they are all gun mids. Thjere are 600+ secondary schools in Victoria, and every one has a kid who's 'the best player at the school'. But when they get to AFL level, every club has a heap of gun mids. So the ones that don't quite make it get sent to the HBF - and, guess what? They are skilled players, so provided they can learn defensive structures, they get a game and become 'club stalwarts'.

If I was GC, I'd offer pick 15-20 - which is what Rioli was drafted at.
Why would you offer a pick that you know won't get the deal done when you've promised the player you'll get him. Makes no sense... which is a pity. The rest of your post was great.

Every club has a glut of half back flankers. The reason being, no draftee plays there in his junior years - they are all gun mids. Thjere are 600+ secondary schools in Victoria, and every one has a kid who's 'the best player at the school'. But when they get to AFL level, every club has a heap of gun mids. So the ones that don't quite make it get sent to the HBF - and, guess what? They are skilled players, so provided they can learn defensive structures, they get a game and become 'club stalwarts'.

If I was GC, I'd offer pick 15-20 - which is what Rioli was drafted at.
And you'd be laughed at. Batshit crazy

Gary Lyon is a proven liar.
He just can't grasp the concept that his beloved club has become a public toilet.
He thought they were in the midst of a dynasty.
There's clearly issues there, big issues. Both for Melbourne and Gazza lol.

As for us - I think we've made it pretty clear (via Blair) that we won't be pushed into any sort of deals that don't suit us for contracted players. Bolton and Rioli... Even Baker will want us well compensated.

We'll try and accommodate requests, but only if that deal is something that suits us, and gives us all a big boner.
Otherwise prepare to stay Bolton and Rioli.

There's been a bit of grandstanding in the media already from all the clubs involved. Huff and puff.

The reality is, we hold all the cards, the deck, and we own the table.
We charge what we want at the bar and you'll be stung for parking as well.
If the other clubs don't like it then f**k off.
Find your game breaker and match winner elsewhere or in the PSD lol.
Yeah right well get what they give us player wants to go to said club player gets there. we are not Collingwood or Geelong somehow this misfits always get what they want.

lookin FWD to MRJ growing into his own man with the departure of Daniel n Shai,it gets rid of that little brother syndrome
and over protective aspect that was slightly annoying more so in 2023 than this year,i know hes still young so maybe a bit harsh there ?

RFC starting to get it back on track after more than a few questionable decisions,the butchers gone ,facilitating trades
for 3-4 players seeking to be rewarded along with going home factor being handled admirably so keep it up

Last edited:
lookin FWD to MRJ growing into his own man with the departure of Daniel n Shai,it gets rid of that little brother syndrome
and over protective aspect that was slightly annoying more so in 2023 than this year,i know hes still young so maybe a bit harsh there ?

RFC starting to get it back on track after more than a few questionable decisions,the butchers gone ,facilitating trades
for 3-4 players seeking to be rewarded along with going home factor being handled admirably so keep it up
Have an inkling heā€™ll flounder without the support network rather than flourish.
Hope Iā€™m wrong.
The indigenous players seem tight and weā€™ve lost three overnight.

Have an inkling heā€™ll flounder without the support network rather than flourish.
Hope Iā€™m wrong.
The indigenous players seem tight and weā€™ve lost three overnight.
Rubbish , I can see him really growing stepping beyond the shadow of Daniel

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back