Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I am sad for Rioli he is going. I think he will regret this decision long term. He will play his final game in front of 12k people and will never play in another final.
When he retires we will be back competing for GFs. He will be forgotten and will be another team mate at GF reunions. He had the chance to be a club legend. Someone who stuck by the club during the rebuild, who the fans will never forget, the guy who mentored our next generation of indigenous boys. The guy who lead the way teaching our kids the training standards required.

In Blair we trust. Now we finally have some management stability we have the ability to manage all these trade requests.

Remember when Dumma said there was no truth in the rumour Rioli to shit coast , lying heckin'g campaigner , Rioli just as bad up to the coast on the Bye to map out a deal . F off from the b n f to Rioli you gimp
Agree with first part but not sec , he indeed should come along and apologize to the playing group , supporters and his family for walking out

Was hoping out of everyone rumoured to leave, that he would be the one to stay. Will win our b&f this year, pretty awkward, but I guess that drives his trade price up.

Really pissed he said he's a 'Tiger for life', then dudded us when times got tough. We have the whip hand, technically we could just play him next year in the reserves, or not at all, as punishment, then trade him at the end of next year.

Or like what Melbourne are doing with Petracca. Gary Lying came out and said 'They're absolutely resolute that he's not being traded under any circumstances. It's not happening, he needs to honour the contract and suck it up'.

But of course since we're the nice cuddly club, we'll honour what Daniel wants and trade him. Should get Pick 6 plus something extra.

Screw you Rioli, will boo you every time you get the ball!
Wow u joined 20y ago and have posted 45 times . I was never let out 😆

I am sad for Rioli he is going. I think he will regret this decision long term. He will play his final game in front of 12k people and will never play in another final.
When he retires we will be back competing for GFs. He will be forgotten and will be another team mate at GF reunions. He had the chance to be a club legend. Someone who stuck by the club during the rebuild, who the fans will never forget, the guy who mentored our next generation of indigenous boys. The guy who lead the way teaching our kids the training standards required.

In Blair we trust. Now we finally have some management stability we have the ability to manage all these trade requests.
Fully agree , I honestly saw Dan as a leader , wouldn’t have even ruled out captaincy , there’s a scourge on players reputation that do this , I’ve never looked at Raines and Cloke the same way , in fact when I hear them mentioned , it’s the same reaction as when my mrs tells me we’re having chow mein for dinner

Remember when Dumma said there was no truth in the rumour Rioli to shit coast , lying heckin'g campaigner , Rioli just as bad up to the coast on the Bye to map out a deal . F off from the b n f to Rioli you gimp
Dumma said he was burnt out as well... lying dog... now wants to rip Richmond apart.

They'll play finals.

Players lose a lot of love from supporters when they are seen in opposition jumper and particularly if playing well against us and if they choose to leave still in their prime.

Got to give Dustys manager the credit for knowing that a couple of years at GC would eat at his legacy which he will be able to live off for the rest of his life.

Players lose a lot of love from supporters when they are seen in opposition jumper and particularly if playing well against us and if they choose to leave still in their prime.

Got to give Dustys manager the credit for knowing that a couple of years at GC would eat at his legacy which he will be able to live off for the rest of his life.
yep soon as you cross the floor your marketability dies. you lose that iconic status of being a one club legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fully agree , I honestly saw Dan as a leader , wouldn’t have even ruled out captaincy , there’s a scourge on players reputation that do this , I’ve never looked at Raines and Cloke the same way , in fact when I hear them mentioned , it’s the same reaction as when my mrs tells me we’re having chow mein for dinner

Maxwell and Lambert (not the recent one but the less attractive one from the eighties and nineties) as well

yep soon as you cross the floor your marketability dies. you lose that iconic status of being a one club legend.

Petracca needs your advice as its not just Melbourne fans who he will lose something with.

I am a fan of him because i've never had a real issue with the Demons but he is losing a bit with me and will certainly lose plenty if he goes to Carlton

Then again I'm not interested in his cooking videos or instagrams so maybe I don't count.

Hardwick has lied and lied showing his true colors how long before he coins surfer dude as their catch cry

From memory Raines never had any success at the other clubs he went to... no individual or team success at Collingwood, Essendon or Brisbane Bears.

Cloke - he ended up coming back to Richmond after his time with Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back