Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Fully agree , I honestly saw Dan as a leader , wouldn’t have even ruled out captaincy , there’s a scourge on players reputation that do this , I’ve never looked at Raines and Cloke the same way , in fact when I hear them mentioned , it’s the same reaction as when my mrs tells me we’re having chow me in
I dunno, don’t get me wrong I’m dirty on Rioli and to extent it may hurt the reputation of the player but at the same time I see Taranto as probably our best Captain candidate right now

If a player has leadership qualities that isn’t going to change if they swap clubs

Good points, very positive spin on the situation.
Because he's not honouring his contract, and doesn't want to play for us anymore. Even if it benefits us in the end, boo to anyone who wants to leave. Boo Baker and Shai too.
Very childish attitude. Embarrassing that adults act like this really. How many jobs have you had for 9 years?

Rioli very clearly loves the club. At this point the club is better off of he goes, rather than stays. So he can stick around and play bottom of the ladder footy just to "honour his contract"? What does that actually gain? Does it get the club closer to success?

I'm just glad campaigners on this site have nothing to do with the club. I don't think most of you even like football tbh. Turning on a triple Premiership player just because they leave just shows how ungrateful and pathetic the attitude is.

Why watch football at all? Apparently ultimate success doesn't mean anything to you, you show absolute 0 gratitude to the people that put in decade of their life to make it happen. So why are you watching? Just to abuse the players that leave as well as most the ones that stay? Actual embarrassment. Grow up, mate.

Very childish attitude. Embarrassing that adults act like this really. How many jobs have you had for 9 years?

Rioli very clearly loves the club. At this point the club is better off of he goes, rather than stays. So he can stick around and play bottom of the ladder footy just to "honour his contract"? What does that actually gain? Does it get the club closer to success?

I'm just glad campaigners on this site have nothing to do with the club. I don't think most of you even like football tbh. Turning on a triple Premiership player just because they leave just shows how ungrateful and pathetic the attitude is.

Why watch football at all? Apparently ultimate success doesn't mean anything to you, you show absolute 0 gratitude to the people that put in decade of their life to make it happen. So why are you watching? Just to abuse the players that leave as well as most the ones that stay? Actual embarrassment. Grow up, mate.

I've actually had the same job for over a decade :smile:
And I see not honouring your contract and wanting to leave as disloyal. I don't understand how you could love the club, but then leave it. And yep, club legends stick around even when we're bottom of the ladder, just like our supporters do, because they love the club that much. That's why everyone loves Richo.

I think we're much better off with Dan in the side. Even though we're rebuilding, I think we still need mature experienced players like him as part of the balance. He's our most line-breaking creative player off half back, which we lack a lot of. I'd rather him stay than have draft picks.

I cheer for players when they do the right thing at the time, like kick a great goal, or win a premiership, but can still boo them years later when they leave the club. I don't boo or yell at players for any other reason though, when they make a mistake during the game or whatever. I know the angry nuffies you're talking about, who yell at our players all the time, and I'm not one of them. I'm actually quite encouring to our players and focus on the positives. I just like a good boo here and there towards the opposition, which Rioli will become. Someone tries to rough up one of our players.. Boo! Dan Butler gets the ball. Boo!

I don't agree with you, but still tried to be nice about it, unlike you, so thanks for your compliments, Mr Poopy Pants!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hearing it's 13 and 20. Disappointed as wanted pick 6.
Once those picks drift back, that's not a good deal for a long contracted Rioli.

GC need to give more than that or it's a poor trade for our position.

I'm hearing it's 13 and 20. Disappointed as wanted pick 6.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. I’ve said all along, we won’t get compensated as much as we all think we will

Interestingly 13+20 has a value of pick 4….so would Adelaide (4) or WC (3 to 4 after Ashcroft bid) swap them…or even Melb for pick 5?
Season 6 What GIF by The Office

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back