Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

13+20 has a point value equal to 4. If we were to accept 13 and 20, would any of WC, Adel or Melb trade their early pick for 13+20?

Or is there a bias that the top 4-6 are better than what you could get with both 13 and 20.
Points value doesn't equal actual value.

That's why the rules are being changed.

Sounds like GC realise we need picks for our rebuild before Tasmania come in as much as they need Rioli, so they are going to try to exploit that and give us less.

Sounds like GC realise we need picks for our rebuild before Tasmania come in as much as they need Rioli, so they are going to try to exploit that and give us less.

We wouldn't need a rebuild if our core group hang around. :thumbsu:

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. I’ve said all along, we won’t get compensated as much as we all think we will
Angry Bruce Banner GIF by Xbox

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. I’ve said all along, we won’t get compensated as much as we all think we will

It's not like a RFA though where the AFL choose the compensation we have the player still in contract we decide the outcome. I really hope we play Hardball with Rioli and Bolton it really stinks what is happening.

It's not like a RFA though where the AFL choose the compensation we have the player still in contract we decide the outcome. I really hope we play Hardball with Rioli and Bolton it really stinks what is happening.

I hope so too. Has to involve pick 6

It's interesting with Bolton it has been reported he is open to a move back home if an adequate deal can be done. Suggests he is prepared to stay if RFC can't strike a deal they're happy with.

But Cloke stayed loyal to pies when his sons were old enough to play footy. We shouldn't have taken the campaigner back.
we dodged a bullet his sons were all arse

Yeah but he played about 220 games for us and only 120 or so for pies but nommed pies for f/s.
his wife wore the pants and we were a rabble the whole time his kids were available and pies were playing in grannys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

needed to trade some assets - who else has currency? Vlas, balta? Cupboard pretty bare, reckon we’ve got it about right nudging dan and shai gently out the door
Balta will leave as a free agent next year to north
7 years $12 million and we will get picks 1 & 2 in the draft and select
1. Dyson Sharp
2. Archie Ludowyke

From memory Raines never had any success at the other clubs he went to... no individual or team success at Collingwood, Essendon or Brisbane Bears.

Cloke - he ended up coming back to Richmond after his time with Collingwood.
Should have told Cloke "hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more"

Yeah it is , I heard he’s fallen on hard times financially as well if you get a chance watch the guernsey presentation at the pies by him , he sounded muddled
pies get blokes that played only 107 games for them and kicked 6 in the 1980 grand final for Richmond to present jumpers. never change pies never change

Yeah but he played about 220 games for us and only 120 or so for pies but nommed pies for f/s.
He used to take his sons to shopping centres and they'd do some sort of show. Weirdo.

100%. They are sliding to about 15 & 25 at least. Just keep Rioli's ass.
The rot started when we just started letting players walk ...

Geelong made Kelly stay another year when West Coast wouldn't produce the going rate for players under contract

We should be trading older players like Vlastuin and Short ... not Rioli and Bolton ... these boys have 7 years between them left in their contracts ... not 1 year.

Both Fremantle and Gold Coast have 3 first round picks ... the price should be all of them ... and we will give them some shitty picks in return

The rot started when we just started letting players walk ...

Geelong made Kelly stay another year when West Coast wouldn't produce the going rate for players under contract

We should be trading older players like Vlastuin and Short ... not Rioli and Bolton ... these boys have 7 years between them left in their contracts ... not 1 year.

Both Fremantle and Gold Coast have 3 first round picks ... the price should be all of them ... and we will give them some shitty picks in return
We are a soft touch

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back