Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2096600

I remember the vision of Daniel at the airport getting defensive too.

God this irks me.
That Channel 10 reporter "Josh Mcclean" never even heard of the guy was ahead of everyone at the time lol... even the most prominent AFL footy journo's didn't have this mail.

It makes me sick with Daniel smiling clearly lying... 100% it was discussed, when a player visits another club coach! next time I am not buying any excuse.

Just hopefully don’t take a shit trade.
If they want to try that then I reckon we just hold on to the contracted players. It’s in their best interest to then put their heads down for a good season next year and then go to the table again with probably even more currency.
I’d love to trade them now for the right price but let’s not get bent over as we still have power here.
Exactly don’t trade for the sake of trading , it has to work for us , we as a club are there for the Richmond Football club not for the benefit of Gold Coast and Fremantle

That Channel 10 reporter "Josh Mcclean" never even heard of the guy was ahead of everyone at the time lol... even the most prominent AFL footy journo's didn't have this mail.

It makes me sick with Daniel smiling clearly lying... 100% it was discussed, when a player visits another club coach! next time I am not buying any excuse.

He put his head down and avoided eye contact clearly lying

Still questions need to be asked why such a drastic change in mood wanting to leave so early in the season? This is my concerns as I said earlier everyone was happy in the preseason then a few games into the season the group looked fragmented.

Exactly don’t trade for the sake of trading , it has to work for us , we as a club are there for the Richmond Football club not for the benefit of Gold Coast and Fremantle
Then you run the risk of player disharmony like this year and a fragmented group. Just get the deal done and move on is my opinion. To DR credit he did still perform admirably this year although I felt he was too loose and selfish as a backman. Looked like he was just showing off on Sat for Dimma and the fifty fans.

Last edited:
I wonder if Sydney stack has been putting in the hard yards in his time outside the afl? If he’s been working hard then maybe he’s worth another chance?
Don’t tease me honey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still questions need to be asked why such a drastic change in mood wanting to leave so early in the season? This is my concerns as I said earlier everyone was happy in the preseason then a few games into the season the group looked fragmented.
Unless it was already discussed prior to yze joining the club.

Hardwick was always going to target our players

Agree. Dimma is trying to take short cuts by recruiting experienced players just like TT and hopper. He isn't interested in top picks or developing young players. Let's see if the suns agree to give away top picks.

He and the list team had to be creative because of expansion. Agree the TT and JH trades haven’t paid off but that’s life.

He has a completely different issue with GC. They are stacked with picks, decent list and freaking academy that pisses me off no end.

He also doesn’t have time on his side. The club would be expecting top 8 finishes and a flag tilt in the next three years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back