Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Loyalty starts from the top,

Chris Scott has stayed with Geelong. Damien Hardwick shagged the receptionist, divorced his wife and fleed the state, leaving behind his club, all his efforts and even two players he promised the world too, to come across from GWS.

Unfortunately, once Dimma did that, it ruined the 'Richmond man' mantra, loyalty died with him and everyone and their donkey left, including the players. Dimma's actions were horrific for our club, and we need to completely move on from everything that had to do with the Dimma years, just enjoy the premierships.

We need to **** off these players and have a shower to rid ourselves of the Dimma days.

Chris Scott has stayed with Geelong. Damien Hardwick shagged the receptionist, divorced his wife and fleed the state, leaving behind his club, all his efforts and even two players he promised the world too, to come across from GWS.

Unfortunately, once Dimma did that, it ruined the 'Richmond man' mantra, loyalty died with him and everyone and their donkey left, including the players. Dimma's actions were horrific for our club, and we need to completely move on from everything that had to do with the Dimma years, just enjoy the premierships.

We need to **** off these players and have a shower to rid ourselves of the Dimma days.
power of the
Cat Kitty GIF by David Firth

I understand what you’re saying but I wouldn’t want to throw the baby out with the bath water?
Team standards, accountability to eachother, commitment things such as these were very important and may be revised by the current group to get “buy in” but are still relevant & important in my mind….

We just didn’t have the capacity to bring in hogan , basically would have had to cut a senior player to open the tpp , not gonna go that after winning a flag
Yes we did, he was dirt cheap on his way out of Freo...

We apparently walked away based on attitude/risk with all the stories we heard from WA

I hope we really dont go easy and take just pick #7 from GC for Rioli
We should be really trying to get #14 / #15 of them as well

Give them #39 +#41 if we have to or even pay 80% of Rioli salary to achieve this result
We need as many picks inside 20 as possible with the quality of this draft between 10-30

It's not like a RFA though where the AFL choose the compensation we have the player still in contract we decide the outcome. I really hope we play Hardball with Rioli and Bolton it really stinks what is happening.
Don't forget the AFL still run GC behind the scenes. Would not surprise me if Wayne got a call that he can't give us 6 in any deal.

Don't forget the AFL still run GC behind the scenes. Would not surprise me if Wayne got a call that he can't give us 6 in any deal.

I agree the Suns are the AFL's baby but 14 years and not playing finals I would say they will pay whatever it takes to get experienced players who have played in finals.

Team standards, accountability to eachother, commitment things such as these were very important and may be revised by the current group to get “buy in” but are still relevant & important in my mind….
Of course they are. We just don't have any at the moment. Haven't had for a while.

AFL : Wayne if Dimma wants Rioli make sure this deal gets done
Wayne : Sir Richmond are asking for #7 & #15 thats ludicrous and i wont pay more than #7
AFL: Wayne just get it done
Wayne: But
AFL : WAYNE !!!! GET IT DONE
Wayne: Sir ok but we will be struggling for picks later as we only 1632 left
AFL: Thats fine we will send you another 1105 in 2026

Trade Complete
Rioli traded to Gold Coast suns for Pick #7 + #15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This

The AFL would want Rioli at the Suns , they need them to make finals asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rock and a hard place for the AFL.
Want their plastic money pit to do well, but might have to give the Tigers a helping hand off the bottom where Geelong believe we belong.

Rock and a hard place for the AFL.
Want their plastic money pit to do well, but might have to give the Tigers a helping hand off the bottom where Geelong believe we belong.
AFL has no choice otherwise rioli stays at Richmond

Chris Scott has stayed with Geelong. Damien Hardwick shagged the receptionist, divorced his wife and fleed the state, leaving TACTS behind his club, all his efforts and even two players he promised the world too, to come across from GWS.

FACTS !!!!

Just a small thing about this post.

She isn't a receptionist, she's a sales rep lol

Everything Dimma has said has been a lie, it's actually sad that so many former players still love him.
he deserted them & honestly think he tarnished his rep a bit like Clarko at the Hawks. he left them in a mess as well. but seeing the Hawks shoot up the ladder has given me confidence that we can do it.

such a weird comment wasn't it?

was rife through the club though, just refused to bring in new players after the '17 three and Lynch. Closed shop.

Hogan was an absolutely shocker of a miss, and the reason why we crashed to worst-ever season while geelong is through to another prelim tonight. They always keep an open mind about trades.

Now, of course, noone would want to come to our club except draftees.
Hogan wouldn’t of made it with us, GWS was the perfect fit due to being a smaller club and less media scrutiny in Sydney

Melbourne football media parasites would of hounded him out of the game by the end of his 1st year with us and just be a repeat of the same issues that forced him out of Freo in the first place with the WA football media landscape being just as toxic as Melbournes

Same reason why Franklin loved playing for Sydney and guys like Toby Greene thrive at GWS as well

Greene wouldn’t even be close to being the same player he is today if we played for a big Vic club

Hogan wouldn’t of made it with us, GWS was the perfect fit due to being a smaller club and less media scrutiny in Sydney

Melbourne football media parasites would of hounded him out of the game by the end of his 1st year with us and just be a repeat of the same issues that forced him out of Freo in the first place with the WA football media landscape being just as toxic as Melbournes

Same reason why Franklin loved playing for Sydney and guys like Toby Greene thrive at GWS as well

Greene wouldn’t even be close to being the same player he is today if we played for a big Vic club
Nah that’s all opinion and speculation? It depends on the culture at the clubs. That’s what everyone was saying about Dusty and why Melbourne avoided him. Scandals can happen anywhere and in any club at anytime , it’s just how they’re handled which is important.

Nah that’s all opinion and speculation? It depends on the culture at the clubs. That’s what everyone was saying about Dusty and why Melbourne avoided him. Scandals can happen anywhere and in any club at anytime , it’s just how they’re handled which is important.
Don’t think the Dusty narrative quite fits in this case because Hogan at the time was already an established player in the league and his issues were well documented

In Sydney it’s a lot easier to have a normal life for an afl player and walk the streets, go to the pub ect

Melbourne and WA are different because AFL is the dominant sport so a lot more people are able to recognise them just look at the Ginivan storm in a teacup over the last two days

I hope we really dont go easy and take just pick #7 from GC for Rioli
We should be really trying to get #14 / #15 of them as well

Give them #39 +#41 if we have to or even pay 80% of Rioli salary to achieve this result
We need as many picks inside 20 as possible with the quality of this draft between 10-30

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back