Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

What would you say if West Coast wanted Rioli as part of a deal for Harley Reid, you couldn’t pack his bags quick enough I bet. This loyalty stuff only goes so far these days, it is a business and everyone is trying to do the best for themselves be it club, player or coach.
100%

We are loyal to our club first
player next

Players are Loyal to their family first
club 2nd

They are open to play where they want after 10 years of service and like Lids he is giving Richmond a parting gift thats precious.

Go Well Daniel Rioli

What would you say if West Coast wanted Rioli as part of a deal for Harley Reid, you couldn’t pack his bags quick enough I bet. This loyalty stuff only goes so far these days, it is a business and everyone is trying to do the best for themselves be it club, player or coach.
When I see players that look to extend their contracts then others that want to break long term tenure following a bottom placed finish I draw an obvious conclusion , talking of the fringe benefits that result are completely irrelevant and that example to is completely irrelevant

When I see players that look to extend their contracts then others that want to break long term tenure following a bottom placed finish I draw an obvious conclusion , talking of the fringe benefits that result are completely irrelevant and that example to is completely irrelevant
You need to face the reality that players do move, sometimes very good players, we don’t get Lynch or Prestia unless players move. I can understand why you are disappointed but that’s why there is a trade period now, the AFL actually encourages this movement.

What would you say if West Coast wanted Rioli as part of a deal for Harley Reid, you couldn’t pack his bags quick enough I bet.
In this scenario does Rioli want to go to WCE? If he didn't he wouldn't have to, if he did then what's the problem with someone wanting to pack his bags for him?
This loyalty stuff only goes so far these days, it is a business and everyone is trying to do the best for themselves be it club, player or coach.
Imagine he did an ACL this season, do you think he'd still want to go to the Gold Coast next season or would he remain loyal to Richmond 🤣🤣🤣?

In this scenario does Rioli want to go to WCE? If he didn't he wouldn't have to, if he did then what's the problem with someone wanting to pack his bags for him?

Imagine he did an ACL this season, do you think he'd still want to go to the Gold Coast next season or would he remain loyal to Richmond 🤣🤣🤣?
The club doesn’t have to let him go to Gold Coast either and hopefully won’t unless we get a very good deal. You’re right if he did an ACL he probably wouldn’t want to go and our very necessary rebuild would be a lot worse off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back