Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

After what is happening with picks going out the window from our club (losing trading pics) to other clubs (no pick 14 anymore for Baker), just get the Rioli deal done. Pick 6 if necessary, if we squeeze pick 29 good, if not who cares, it is still a good deal.

After what is happening with picks going out the window from our club (losing trading pics) to other clubs (no pick 14 anymore for Baker), just get the Rioli deal done. Pick 6 if necessary, if we squeeze pick 29 good, if not who cares, it is still a good deal.
GCS know what we want, they will relent imo. Patience required

They are sorting John Noble and Pick 13 situation first. Because Collingwood want Pick 23 as well, so do we.

Now they have several good offers for Pick 13, it opens other avenues for them. They want Noble and need to make that happen, but, it’s a balancing act.

They will be trying to get Noble without giving Pick 23. That’s my take.

They are sorting John Noble and Pick 13 situation first. Because Collingwood want Pick 23 as well, so do we.

Now they have several good offers for Pick 13, it opens other avenues for them. They want Noble and need to make that happen, but, it’s a balancing act.

They will be trying to get Noble without giving Pick 23. That’s my take.
So what will be their intention on #23 ?
Give it to Richmond ? They would have done that already

Sorting out the noble thing is simple , He is getting #29 leppa take it and run
If i was GC i would make my call and trade out which picks wont be required and be done with it

So what will be their intention on #23 ?
Give it to Richmond ? They would have done that already

Sorting out the noble thing is simple , He is getting #29 leppa take it and run
If i was GC i would make my call and trade out which picks wont be required and be done with it

It’s not as simple as that. They are trying to get the best possible deal for Pick 13.

But as Cameron said, their preference is getting in the players they want (and promised to get in).

So hence why dealing with Noble and sorting that out is priority. Because it also comes with something vital they want, a future first.

There’s still a lot of time to work through it for them.

It’s not as simple as that. They are trying to get the best possible deal for Pick 13.

But as Cameron said, their preference is getting in the players they want (and promised to get in).

So hence why dealing with Noble and sorting that out is priority. Because it also comes with something vital they want, a future first.

There’s still a lot of time to work through it for them.
Its actually not that difficult , There main problem is they are holding picks that the teams want and are trying to please every body

Just trade the pick and the rest will fall into line. They always do
Its not like Pies will walk away there are desperated for #13 or Richmond for #6

Make the deal
#6 + #23 for Rioli
#13 + #29 for Knobel

or flip the 20's picks around - simple
once 1 is done the other has no choice

As long as it goes to plan. I'm not much of a gambler, when I see a pick 6, which is as good as pick 2-6 in this draft, you take it and don't haggle for a sweetener. If GC don't budge on 23, ask 29 or even 41 because they are not the picks that matter. If it was pick 10,11 like Bolton, haggle away, but pick 6 is a bargain pick in this draft.

Its actually not that difficult , There main problem is they are holding picks that the teams want and are trying to please every body

Just trade the pick and the rest will fall into line. They always do
Its not like Pies will walk away there are desperated for #13 or Richmond for #6

Make the deal
#6 + #23 for Rioli
#13 + #29 for Knobel

or flip the 20's picks around - simple
once 1 is done the other has no choice
#13 + #29 for Knobel

Are you serious?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we should of taken Rioli for #6 in the first place.
#6 is gold - just get the deal done RFC!

#13 + #29 for Knobel

Are you serious?

Collingwood want, let’s stipulate that, Pick 13 and Pick 23 for Noble and a Future 1st.

Gold Coast would be highly stupid to do that deal. They also have better option in Melbourne who want to give them a F1 and a second rounder this year for 13 and Sydney who want to give them 19 and 22 this year for 13.

Going to be very interesting. You can’t blame Collingwood for asking for a lot and working down. But now others have come for that deal it will be near on impossible.

Best they can offer is Noble and F1 for Pick 13

Collingwood want, let’s stipulate that, Pick 13 and Pick 23 for Noble and a Future 1st.

Gold Coast would be highly stupid to do that deal. They also have better option in Melbourne who want to give them a F1 and a second rounder this year for 13 and Sydney who want to give them 19 and 22 this year for 13.

Going to be very interesting. You can’t blame Collingwood for asking for a lot and working down. But now others have come for that deal it will be near on impossible.

Best they can offer is Noble and F1 for Pick 13

Coll & GC: Noble and F1 for 13 and 41
Rich & GC: Rioli, 51, 61, 70 for 6, 23, 78

GC take 29, 50, 51, 61, 70 to draft for points (enough to match a bid on Lombard at 7)
- The 50+ points will all start to come in about 4 places after Ashcroft bid match

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back