Preview 1st Preliminary Final, Fremantle v Hawthorn, 25 September 2015, 8.20pm AEST @ Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So....

Who's ready for another typical Hawthorn prelim?

I can't see this one being a tight affair... This team seems to learn its lessons quickly.

Hawks will carry on with the good form. Many will see the Adelaide game as "easy", I disagree... I've watched rhe replay already and our attack on the ball and the ball carrier was enormous. HAWKS will not be owned again this finals series. Mark my words.

KOLOKOTRONIS

It's fantastic we WA supporters get to see the boys play in another game over here! And it's another final. And this one has no second chances, oh my!

Gunston in for Shoey if he's ready. Otherwise maybe switch the Sub to Duryea with Hartung starting. A bit of talk about Langers being needed against the big Freo bodies but I'd be surprised if he comes in unless he absolutely tears it up for Box Hill.

I'm intrigued to know if Crowley will come in and if the Freo players will be mentally ready - we know they'll be physically fresh because half the team has barely played in a month.

Great for WA fans. Maybe that's my only hope of seeing Hawthorn play in Brisbane next year. Cmon Brisbane, top two please!

I love how people come in here every week stating wholesale changes. Do you guys actually follow team changes?

Hill out, Spanger and Celgar in? It's just not going to happen.

There is zero chance Crowley will play.

Remind again what Hale has contributed for the past ten or so weeks.

We need to pressure them. But then again we don't.
Honestly have you seen them butcher the ball? its embarrassing.

- D pearce, de beor, sutcliffe, mzungu, spurr their mediocre list goes on and on and on.

I'm not even convinced their players will be as 'fresh' as they believe.
They've had a host of players that have very limited game time in the past 5-6 weeks. They maybe be ready in an non-injury sense (despite their best two players being in moon boots) but their has to be question marks over their fitness levels. They were extremely rusty against an decimated Sydney outfit.

Lets not forget get we smashed this rabble by 80 points earlier in the year.

Can't wait for another shot at WC in the GF on our home turf
Agreed the 10 they rested will have played 1 game in 4 weeks come prem final day.

Hopefully Freo are too rested and we are just rested enough having just won a largely bruise-free game. Ins and outs will be tough. Schoey came in and played much as I expected he would. Okay, didn't do anything infuriating but also was just five or ten percent off having a really good game. Needed to hold more marks. Gunston will probably slot right back in for him if he is ready.

Don't see Hartung being of much use against Freo at Subi (unless they have the stones to drop Hill and have Hartung play a full game in his place). Hale really looks cooked. Can you rest him with the intention of bringing him back for a hypothetical GF? What if Cegs kills it in his place? I'd be tempted to play just the one ruck in McEvoy as I've always thought that to get the most value out of him you play him as a sole ruck and watch him not jump all day.

Obviously I'd love to see Langford back for this match. Hard to think we will, though. Regardless a lot of faith has been restored. Now we need to do it against a team that won't give us endless amounts of time and space to play with.

Lots of talk about soft lead in games for Hawthorn, but Freo haven't been tested either. I think the fact that we lost to WC will ensure a focused effort. I'd like to see the HFC turn the tables on Freo via any press conferences this week. Put all of the pressure on them. Well rested, home final, top side all year, best player in the league and all of that. How can we possibly win???

In the end, Freo don't put you to the sword on the scoreboard. They will keep us in it and so long as we have one high scoring quarter, we will win it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't make any changes unless Gunno comes up and is 100%... Even Hale needs to keep his spot, Sandi doesn't give him the same run around that Jacobs does and Freos lack of big defenders could be exploited. Can you imagine Dawson manning Hale? Plonk him 15 metres out and put it on his head, I think we just need to reward this group for last nights performance.

Hawthorn is 8 quarters from football immortality

This current squad has the opportunity to achieve something what the great 1970s and 1980s hawthorn sides never could (and we won 8 flags in 20 seasons)

A win this year would elevate Hawthorn as the most successful VFL/AFL club since 1914

Don't go quietly
Grea win last night Hawks, but Pies won 4 from 27-30 and the dees won three in a row in the 50's but hey definitely the greatest since 2003

Grea win last night Hawks, but Pies won 4 from 27-30 and the dees won three in a row in the 50's but hey definitely the greatest since 2003

Did the Pies get that done in a league of 18 teams where a great proportion of the draft concessions and AFL funding is balanced towards the newer expansion sides? No....didn't think so..

Hey if you have any dvd box sets of your 27-30 let me know... Lol.

I agree they would be on par with Brisbane as our 08 flag was a very different team.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Did the Pies get that done in a league of 18 teams where a great proportion of the draft concessions and AFL funding is balanced towards the newer expansion sides? No....didn't think so..
No mate but you can only play and beat the teams before you under the rules at the time but don't let that get in the way of a good story

Hey if you have any dvd box sets of your 27-30 let me know... Lol.

I agree they would be on par with Brisbane as our 08 flag was a very different team.

KOLOKOTRONIS
Wouldn't that be great, I still have VHS of 1990 the only DVD is of 2010 wasn't alive for any others.
Hopefully in a few years we will get to see another.

Must be great getting to watch a dynasty!

Keep Hale in, his forward work is underrated. If Hale can drag Sandi forward our small forwards will be licking their lips front and center.
Ideally, if we have a similar first quarter to last night's it's ours, if we have that kind of lead in the first quarter I don't think Freo have the scoring power to play catch up, especially if we keep Walters and Ballantyne to 2 or three between them. But our last 4 prelims have been down to the wire so i'm not expecting us to blow them away in the first, but it would be good for the heart if we did :D
Only change is Gunners if he is fit with Shoe the out even though he played his role last night and i'd love to see him get a medal. Id keep Lake even if he doesn't have an obvious match up, I want him, Gibbo and Frawley playing down back together as much as possible. Chip can play small if required.

Is that also the one where pies lost the GF (as per usual) and got to re-challenge the team? Yeh heaps the same and better than Hawthorns achievements :drunk:
lol yes that was the fourth one.
You might not have to worry anyway still a long way to go until you have three in a row.

Pretty touchy lot after progressing to a prelim..

Good luck anyway I'll see myself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back