Preview 1st Preliminary Final, Fremantle v Hawthorn, 25 September 2015, 8.20pm AEST @ Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like our matchups. Frawley on Pavlich, Stratton on Walters, maybe Shiels to Stephen Hill.
Who does Lake play on? He doesn't seem to have a matchup but was vital against them in the 2013 GF.

I'm also worried Ross Lyin' will bring back Crowley to stitch up Mitchell, Steven Baker style. Its just the sort of thing Ross Lyon would have no qualms about stooping to.

Who does Lake play on? He doesn't seem to have a matchup but was vital against them in the 2013 GF..

I think he just plays against their 2nd tall, and peels off to take intercept marks.

Best pressure to put on freo is scoreboard pressure bug first quarter like tonight would pretty much end them.
If Gunners is fit you would think he'd come in for shoe but I wouldn't risk him, Shoe played well enough to do a job next week if needed

No change unless Gunston is fit. Lake can play on the resting ruck with Chip on Pav. Schoey was a couple of marks away an excellent game. Was good and played his role nicely and should stay if there is any doubt on Gunner.

Hale did enough tonight and Billy should remain as sub.

Langers would be only bloke who you could consider given Freo's big mids.

Got a feeling Ross may bring Taberner back in this week, so lake a likely match for our second tall I'd guess...
Who then plays on the resting ruck in zac Clarke/sandi when they are resting forward ? ( assuming frawley on Pav ) does lake switch up and Gibson stand the second tall ?

I thought Schoe did most of the things you could have asked of him tonight. So kinda rough but for structural purposes he probably makes way for Gunston if fit. But I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed and Clarko went the extra tall as he is sometimes prone to do.

Got a feeling Ross may bring Taberner back in this week, so lake a likely match for our second tall I'd guess...
Who then plays on the resting ruck in zac Clarke/sandi when they are resting forward ? ( assuming frawley on Pav ) does lake switch up and Gibson stand the second tall ?

It'd all depend on the game situation. I'm guessing Lake would stand the deepest tall while Gibson would look to get a run at contests. Frawley floating deep or higher up depending on where Pavlich goes. Stratton sometimes minds resting deep talls but will probably have his hands full with Walters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo struggled to beat a shattered swans without the bondi coke head so they aren't in the greatest form. Media will hype up Freo and supercoach Lyon. We will go over and get job done

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Who does Lake play on? He doesn't seem to have a matchup but was vital against them in the 2013 GF.

I'm also worried Ross Lyin' will bring back Crowley to stitch up Mitchell, Steven Baker style. Its just the sort of thing Ross Lyon would have no qualms about stooping to.

No chance

Personally believe we have cracked the game code of the 'Paul Roos, Ross Lyon, John Longmire' game plan.

Much prefer to play Freo over there. Unlike the last time we went west, this will be our 3rd Friday night game in a row and we also get that vital 7 break. The boys can go through the normal routine unlike the perceived rush of the first final and the 6 day break. Its all played between the ears and I think the ears have it. Go Hawks.

I'm not so sure about this, reckon Freo will win over there but I'm happy with 5 prelims in a row. Time for someone else to shine. We've had it pretty good.

Hawthorn is 8 quarters from football immortality

This current squad has the opportunity to achieve something what the great 1970s and 1980s hawthorn sides never could (and we won 8 flags in 20 seasons)

A win this year would elevate Hawthorn as the most successful VFL/AFL club since 1914

Don't go quietly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back