Preview 1st Preliminary Final, Fremantle v Hawthorn, 25 September 2015, 8.20pm AEST @ Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're 1.55? Turn it up. Freo in this up to their eyeballs. Lyon will be loving the hawk jizz fest. Personally hate it - how things can change in a week.

Must not let fyfe off the leash

We never dipped below second favouritism in spite of the power ranger debacle

Tonight changed nothing. If we got over the line we were always going to start favourite with the bookies in the PF. Whether it's just or not I'm not sure...

Random thoughts from an emotional and happy Hawk...

Outs:
Hill: I love him and he has been a star in our last two Premierships but he has struggled all year and in an open free flowing game he didn't find form. Against Freo he will not get time and space. Harsh yes. But winning a three-peat is hard.

Shoenmakers: Noone can question his effort and we all want him to succeed but he has no footy brain. The amount of times commentators say, 'Not sure what Shoey was trying to do there?' Well the answer is neither does he.

In:
Langford: Will bring his fire to a contested Freo and we need him.

Spangher: Gunners needs more time. If we don't make it then so be it. Spangher to take a defensive spot and Burgoyne to go forward. Burger needs a special role to lift him.

I don't know if we can beat Freo but I know this.

If we are a chance we must bring scoreboard pressure. This takes total effort and midfield pressure, run and spread and desire.

FFS Roughy and Lewis please find some form. It will be like adding two players onto the ground. C'mon boys one last time and we can get into another premiership winning opportunity.

Personally believe we have cracked the game code of the 'Paul Roos, Ross Lyon, John Longmire' game plan.

Much prefer to play Freo over there. Unlike the last time we went west, this will be our 3rd Friday night game in a row and we also get that vital 7 break. The boys can go through the normal routine unlike the perceived rush of the first final and the 6 day break. Its all played between the ears and I think the ears have it. Go Hawks.

An added bonus is that it is Friday night game and the Eagles game is Saturday night so it evens the playing field IMO the following week.

No changes - don't see the point in risking gunners if he isn't a 100%
Watching shoe makes me said - he just tries his heart out and IMO has been going okay but will go out for gunners

On another note, I loved this clueless post on the freo board in relation to Silk

estibador: Yes congratulations on all those finals Burgoyne. Such a brave effort to run out on your team for greener pastures the minute the going gets a bit tough.

Id rest Lake.

Don't see the point of taking Frawley and Lake to Perth and if we do get up he will need to play a sizeable role if we were to play Sydney or West Coast
Man Lake is an absolute star.

It is no coincidence we have won the premiership every year since he came. He's got the best footy brain I've ever seen.

No chance we rest him. We win this and we can do it. Eagles are a 6 goal+ better side in Perth.

It is no coincidence we have won the premiership every year since he came. He's got the best footy brain I've ever seen.

No chance we rest him. We win this and we can do it. Eagles are a 6 goal+ better side in Perth.

He reads the play and the way he works his opponent underneath the ball and his one grab marks are a joy to watch. I was bit concerned in the last qrt, saw him out on the wing with his hands on his knees gasping for air. He may have got a knock in a marking contest.

Random thoughts from an emotional and happy Hawk...

Outs:
Hill: I love him and he has been a star in our last two Premierships but he has struggled all year and in an open free flowing game he didn't find form. Against Freo he will not get time and space. Harsh yes. But winning a three-peat is hard.

Shoenmakers: Noone can question his effort and we all want him to succeed but he has no footy brain. The amount of times commentators say, 'Not sure what Shoey was trying to do there?' Well the answer is neither does he.

In:
Langford: Will bring his fire to a contested Freo and we need him.

Spangher: Gunners needs more time. If we don't make it then so be it. Spangher to take a defensive spot and Burgoyne to go forward. Burger needs a special role to lift him.

Disagree regarding Schoenmakers. He is finally starting to show us something now after his Knee reco. He stays in before Spangher, though goes out if Gunners is fit

Agreed. For us to win next week we need an up and firing Lake, Even if he is there to play on the resting ruck he is way to dangerous in the back half for a ruckman to make him accountable.

There really isn't any suitable match-up for Lake. You'd think Chip will get Pavlich, Sandilands will spend most of the time in the ruck then up forward. Fremantle's forward-line is relatively small.

Lake vs ?
Frawley vs Pavlich
Gibson vs Mayne
Stratton vs Walters
Duryea vs Ballantyne
Hodge vs Suban/De Boer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There really isn't any suitable match-up for Lake. You'd think Chip will get Pavlich, Sandilands will spend most of the time in the ruck then up forward. Fremantle's forward-line is relatively small.

Lake vs ?
Frawley vs Pavlich
Gibson vs Mayne
Stratton vs Walters
Duryea vs Ballantyne
Hodge vs Suban/De Boer

Tabener

Disagree regarding Schoenmakers. He is finally starting to show us something now after his Knee reco.
Disagree mate although I know why others are saying it, like you.

If Roughy played with the effort of Shoey he wouldn't even be in contention for a game.

But we can't die wondering and after all these years if there is one thing we know Shoey just doesn't have it upstairs. If Roughy somehow finds form then there is huge upside. If not Spangher will give as good a contest as Shoey and will lift the whole side with his efforts ...

Spangher must play ...

Lake vs ?
Frawley vs Pavlich
Gibson vs Mayne
Stratton vs Walters
Duryea vs Ballantyne
Hodge vs Suban/De Boer
Lake is so smart it doesn't matter.

He'll mop up everything there is and take a heap of marks.

That's why we got Frawley ...

I wonder how Ceglar is travelling. Hale doesn't really look up to it the past two weeks. Bit harsh considering he's subbed out both times but he's not the handful he was the past three years.

He does have good history against Freo though.

I wonder how Ceglar is travelling. Hale doesn't really look up to it the past two weeks. Bit harsh considering he's subbed out both times but he's not the handful he was the past three years.

He does have good history against Freo though.

Totally agree SSSSSS. I was just about to post the same thing. If Hale is not clunking lots of big marks
then we are much better to have Ceglar's run and athleticism.

That was about as soft a warm up for next week as Carlton was for west coast. No chance we get that much time and space against freo so hopefully it doesn't go to anyone's head.
True but let's consider it as a good training run whereas Freo had the week off and half their team rested the previous week. Perhaps they'll be the ones who will be underdone. Hoping it backfires on them. All I can say is the Crows played us back to some form without a bruising encounter and the rest to Freo and Eagles is less significant AND particularly if we make the GF.

Freo have been setting themselves for this game for a month, and a home prelim was their goal all year. They aren't easy meat by any stretch.

Anything short of the Hawks A game will get found out.

Interesting times at selection, Lake our best defender, but no bleeding obvious match up to most of us fans.

That narrow ground over there shits me no end. We suffered because of it week 1, it generates more defensive pressure that the wider G does. Thank God Freo don't really like to score the way WC do.

Fremantle have got this game in the bag. They've got the best forward-line in the competition and match winners on every single line.

Time to start planning for next year.
Are you on something?

Where was that forward line earlier this year.......being rested or just playing their usual game?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

An added bonus is that it is Friday night game and the Eagles game is Saturday night so it evens the playing field IMO the following week.

No changes - don't see the point in risking gunners if he isn't a 100%
Watching shoe makes me said - he just tries his heart out and IMO has been going okay but will go out for gunners

On another note, I loved this clueless post on the freo board in relation to Silk

estibador: Yes congratulations on all those finals Burgoyne. Such a brave effort to run out on your team for greener pastures the minute the going gets a bit tough.
From a clown who is supporting an AFL club that has been around for 5 mins. Give me a break.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back