Preview 1st Preliminary Final, Fremantle v Hawthorn, 25 September 2015, 8.20pm AEST @ Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from training. Short sharp session. All three rucks trained, and everyone who played last week trained. Nothing wrong with Lakey, he was doing some wrestling at the end with one of the assistant coaches and had him in a good arm bar until he tapped out( had flashbacks to that dog Petrie). Hodgey giving plenty of voice about which parts of ground to use during full ground work. Skills were excellent and conditions good, let's hope it stays that way.

Just got back from training. Short sharp session. All three rucks trained, and everyone who played last week trained. Nothing wrong with Lakey, he was doing some wrestling at the end with one of the assistant coaches and had him in a good arm bar until he tapped out( had flashbacks to that dog Petrie). Hodgey giving plenty of voice about which parts of ground to use during full ground work. Skills were excellent and conditions good, let's hope it stays that way.

Cheers for the update Westhawk.

Right I'm pumped, lets destroy these pricks

Coaches changed Waverley dimensions to same as Subi for training this week.
I like it.
HOPEFULLY CLARKO ALSO CONFISCATES ALL PHONES.
The 1pcers boys.

The size of the ground is our biggest problem. It's 15 metres longer and 20 metres narrower than the G. Which means we have to cover more ground with less space to do it in with our precision kicking game.

The result if we do it badly is turnovers, then panicked bombs down the line or handball after handball looking for space which isn't there. And then we're on 3 goals at half time.

Must win clearances. And try everything to create space lengthways.

The saving grace is Freo might keep us in it by not scoring either.

The size of the ground is our biggest problem. It's 15 metres longer and 20 metres narrower than the G. Which means we have to cover more ground with less space to do it in with our precision kicking game.

The result if we do it badly is turnovers, then panicked bombs down the line or handball after handball looking for space which isn't there. And then we're on 3 goals at half time.

Must win clearances. And try everything to create space lengthways.

The saving grace is Freo might keep us in it by not scoring either.
Were the number one scoring team from turnovers. Freo 13th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read somewhere that if we don't win tomorrow, all of Hartung, Langers, Cegs and I think Schoey will be ineligible for the Box Hill Hawks on Saturday.
Not true.
That is a very old rule.
Anyone can play Sunday as long as they have played one VFL game this year, or not played AFL since July 1 (Cyril last year), so BHH will be full strength. Hopefully Lithers & Cegs/Hale make it back.

There is a provision for special consideration for an ineligible player to be given however. I think given Langers won't be named in the 22 and has been left in Victoria then he should be granted permission based on it being obvious he was only ever intending to play VFL level this weekend.

True, but we are playing Williamstown. Expect a kerfuffle if that situation eventuates.

What's even funnier is Ralphys suggestion earlier on SEN that he come in and play on one of Mitchell, Hill or Smith. How does this bloke get paid to talk about footy? Mitchell, ok, I understand the thought process even though it's still a terrible idea. But coming in to tag Smith or Hill? What a diabolical suggestion that is.
Sounds like a great suggestion to me. Smith would blow Crowley up by the end of the first quarter.

Not true.
That is a very old rule.
Anyone can play Sunday as long as they have played one VFL game this year, or not played AFL since July 1 (Cyril last year), so BHH will be full strength. Hopefully Lithers & Cegs/Hale make it back.
No, I think it is true. The rule you are referring to does not apply to Grand Finals. Very odd i know. But if we lose on Friday, Langers, Hartung and Spangher are ineligible for Box Hill

Preliminary Final Team

Fremantle Dockers v Hawthorn

Domain Stadium
Friday 25 September, 6.20pm AWST

B: Ben Stratton, Brian Lake, Matt Suckling
HB: Grant Birchall, Josh Gibson, Shaun Burgoyne
C: Bradley Hill, Sam Mitchell, Liam Shiels
HF: Cyril Rioli, James Frawley, Isaac Smith
F: Luke Breust, Jarryd Roughead, Paul Puopolo
Foll: Ben McEvoy, Luke Hodge, Jordan Lewis
I/C: Ryan Schoenmakers, Taylor Duryea, David Hale, Billy Hartung
Emer: Jon Ceglar, Angus Litherland, Will Langford

UNCHANGED

No, I think it is true. The rule you are referring to does not apply to Grand Finals. Very odd i know. But if we lose on Friday, Langers, Hartung and Spangher are ineligible for Box Hill

Makes sense. Then (if we actually cared that much) we could stack the team with every AFL standard player who's happened to have played in the VFL this year, just to get a bit of second tier silverware.

Not true.
That is a very old rule.

Incorrect. If we don't beat Freo some players will be ineligible as per the rules below:

(f) When an AFL Club is eliminated from the AFL Final Series on the same weekend as the VFL Grand Final, an AFL listed Player may only play in the VFL Grand Final if he qualifies for selection under Regulation 20(b).

20(b) Subject to Regulation 20(c) below, a Player who has played in an AFL Home and Away Match after 1 July in the relevant season will be ineligible to play in VFL Senior Grade or Development League Finals Series Matches unless that Player has played in a combined total of at least six (6) Senior Grade or Development League Home and Away Matches in the same season.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-118-0-0-0&sID=277333

Last edited:
change-gif-1.gif

Preliminary Final Team

Fremantle Dockers v Hawthorn

Domain Stadium
Friday 25 September, 6.20pm AWST

B: Ben Stratton, Brian Lake, Matt Suckling
HB: Grant Birchall, Josh Gibson, Shaun Burgoyne
C: Bradley Hill, Sam Mitchell, Liam Shiels
HF: Cyril Rioli, James Frawley, Isaac Smith
F: Luke Breust, Jarryd Roughead, Paul Puopolo