Preview 1st Semi Final - Carlton v West Coast Sat 17th Sep at Patersons Stadium - Team/post #551

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1st Semi Final - Carlton v West Coast Sat 17th Sep at Patersons Stadium

whats the story with west coast and injury's
will Cox and nic nat line up???
also heard Kennedy may be in doubt ???
and confirmation

You won't get it here Jelly.
There'll only be some specualtion on the W.C. board.

Don't expect too much official information this week, from anyone.

Re: Carlton vs. West Coast: NEXT WEEK

There is only one ruckman in Australia who is faster and has a bigger leap than Nic Natanui....

199771.jpg

…and the good news is he plays for the famous Navy Blue and is ready to go. It’s time to unleash.

:)

You can't be serious? NicNat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hampson

Should be a good game. Eagles by 8 goals.

whats the story with west coast and injury's

will Cox and nic nat line up???

also heard Kennedy may be in doubt ???

and confirmation

Cox is almost a certainty.

Nic Nat is fine.

Kennedy rumour is BS.

Great team effort from the boys on Sunday.

The only change I think would benefit:

IN: Hampson
OUT: Davies

Only because the ruck team of Cox/Natanui is very highly rated and I think Warnock may need some support.

Ruck Duties:

Hampson to play second ruck and rest forward
Warnock to still play 70/80% ruck (did well last week)
O'hAilphin to play forward (pinch hit ruck or go back depending on how the game plays out)

Thornton must play forward for majority of match.
Scotland to mop up in defence if needed
Gibbs to act as a swingman (Midfield/Forward/Back) Injury permitting

Sub: Joseph
I think having Armfield and Carzzo (and potentially Robinson) in negating roles is enough.

Re: Carlton vs. West Coast: NEXT WEEK

You can't be serious? NicNat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hampson

Should be a good game. Eagles by 8 goals.

NicNat is better than Hampson, though Hampson will make for a good partner to Warnock.
You'd want to hope that Cox gets up for you though, otherwise it may be a long day for PaddyWhack.

Isn't it funny that we all have Hampson as a definite in for this week, already.
I'd accompany him with Tuohy also as an 75% and Lucas as a 50%er, especially so if Gibbs is out.
Russell would take up the next line of betting.

Geez, it would be good to have Waite out on the paddock

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but here are some of the Carlton players that played in our last match with the WCE that most likely will not play this week:

Definitely won't play:
Houlihan
Waite
Austin
O'Keefe

Unlikely to play:
Russel
Tuohy
Kreuzer (inj?)

Also in this match:

Jamison was lost early in the match with injury (leaving our undermanned defence even worse off)

Henderson was played forward (and kicked 0.0)
Thornton was played back

Players that are likely to line up this weekend that didn't play last time:
Duigan
Laidler
Robinson
O'aHailphin
Joseph
Jamison (full match hopefully)

With the possibility of:
Hampson

Looking at it like this it was a wonder we didn't lose by 100 points to WCE last time.

-We had Kreuzer (just returned from injury) playing ruck with Warnock (who was in average form)

-No forward line tall options except for a resting ruck.

-Very little experience in the backline. (Jamo went down early and Duigs was not in the side)

-Missing grunt from Robinson

-Several players who were in their 1st/2nd matches for the club

Therefore I think it's fair to say that it will be a different story this time.

After all the crappy injury news for us, anyone have some WCE injury news to cheer me up?

From what foxsports has been saying, Nat, Cox, Kennedy are all pretty sore but will play.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but here are some of the Carlton players that played in our last match with the WCE that most likely will not play this week:

Definitely won't play:
Houlihan
Waite
Austin
O'Keefe

Unlikely to play:
Russel
Tuohy
Kreuzer (inj?)

Also in this match:

Jamison was lost early in the match with injury (leaving our undermanned defence even worse off)

Henderson was played forward (and kicked 0.0)
Thornton was played back

Players that are likely to line up this weekend that didn't play last time:
Duigan
Laidler
Robinson
O'aHailphin
Joseph
Jamison (full match hopefully)

With the possibility of:
Hampson

Looking at it like this it was a wonder we didn't lose by 100 points to WCE last time.

-We had Kreuzer (just returned from injury) playing ruck with Warnock (who was in average form)

-No forward line tall options except for a resting ruck.

-Very little experience in the backline. (Jamo went down early and Duigs was not in the side)

-Missing grunt from Robinson

-Several players who were in their 1st/2nd matches for the club

Therefore I think it's fair to say that it will be a different story this time.

And noone mentioning that Juddy had the flu last time we played them!.

After all the crappy injury news for us, anyone have some WCE injury news to cheer me up?

From what foxsports has been saying, Nat, Cox, Kennedy are all pretty sore but will play.

Good news for us, bringing injured players into a cut throat final is never a good idea.

Lecras, Kerr, Nicknat and their forward press are the concerns. Nicknat must be countered with Hammer, there should be no debate there.

Kerr and Priddis are their only chances in midfield. Carrots to priddis looks logical. Kerr? It might seem defensive but I'd like to see AJ go with him early. Also takes AJ out of the back half where I think we will need quick thinking players and he isn't great at working his way through pressure.

Lecras is the worry. Jammo the best match up but he will be needed on their talls. Duigan and laidler too slow. Arm field and Yarran too small. Davies is actually best bet.

Therefore, unless they use AJ to tag Kerr I think he misses out. Horses for courses. If we win there are good match ups for him against cats.

Good news for us, bringing injured players into a cut throat final is never a good idea.

I agree mate.

I am so nervous now, but probably less so than last week.

I think we play well as the underdogs, and we have some key players hitting good form at the right time (Warnock, Thornton, Garlett in particular). Would be good to see Juddy shake off a poor month.

A few weeks ago, I absentmindedly agreed to go to the gs's family event. I am bloody spewing. They better have it on, but AFL is not really big on the rural QLD scene!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Laidler Jamison Yarran

Hammer to play 70% forward.
Thornton to play a far-ranging CHF (Chop-out in defence)
Match-ups:
Henderson vs Kennedy
Jamison vs Lynch
Davies vs Le Cras (best type for type match-up we have)
Carazzo vs Kerr/Priddis
Warnock vs Cox
Hampson vs Natanui
O'halpin vs Mckenzie
Those are likley to be the crucial match-ups. Joseph loses out because the Eagles have no obvious small forwards to nullify and Ellard plays better in the middle, may be back against Geelong if we win however

Gosh. Identical to my thoughts. Have been thinking about the Eagles for weeks. I think the mc have too which is why they have kept Davies in the side.

Lecras, Kerr, Nicknat and their forward press are the concerns. Nicknat must be countered with Hammer, there should be no debate there.

Kerr and Priddis are their only chances in midfield. Carrots to priddis looks logical. Kerr? It might seem defensive but I'd like to see AJ go with him early. Also takes AJ out of the back half where I think we will need quick thinking players and he isn't great at working his way through pressure.

Lecras is the worry. Jammo the best match up but he will be needed on their talls. Duigan and laidler too slow. Arm field and Yarran too small. Davies is actually best bet.

Therefore, unless they use AJ to tag Kerr I think he misses out. Horses for courses. If we win there are good match ups for him against cats.

I think this is a case of player reputation, rather than recent form dictating people's ideas.

AJ has been nothing short of excellent with his decision making, disposal and ability to take the game on since his return.

Thornton is neither soft, nor a poor user of the footy these days.

Warnock has also become a far harder player over the last 6 weeks, getting dirty when he needs to, and rarely being outmarked.

A few of the whipping boys have improved out of sight. I am very happy for them!

Swanny pretty much confirming that Kreuzer and Gibbs won't play.

Swann saying that Kreuzer has not got a cyst and could be Compartment Syndrome or even DVT. :eek:
Not good.

If it's DVT then obviously there's no way he'll play - won't be able to get on the plane for a start.

With Duigan, Laidler and Robinson available this time there's no doubt you be a better side, not to mention that Jamison playing a full game will be handy. As many of you have mentioned Henderson has settled nicely down back now as well.

We also got lucky with Judd last time and I doubt he'll be as quiet as he was in the last game as much as I wish he will be.

Having the game at Subi helps us but if you are able to get the ball through or over our press then guys like Betts and Garlett will have a field day running back into open space towards goal.

Whoever wins it will be a tight game

Kerr and Priddis are their only chances in midfield. Carrots to priddis looks logical. Kerr? It might seem defensive but I'd like to see AJ go with him early.

I think we send AJ straight to Kerr if he plays, I am still not sure that he will. I would not put a hard tag on Priddis, he gets plenty of it but was travelling at under 50% eff last week.

Lecras is the danger one, Gibbs would have been perfect for him and I think he may be too smart for Davies.

In round 14 we had Robbo, Duigan, Curnow who was in great form, and maybe Carrots out. Lost Jammo early.

As a result WCE smsahed us at stoppages and were too tall.

Jammo and Henderson will play, Ellard, Carrots, Duigan will play as well.

WCE should go in favourites, But if they think the stoppages will go he same way again they are mistaken. If Cox is out, and its not going to be 30deg I'd give our boys a real chance.

With any luck the team has got the same mindset as their supporters. If we beat the Blues in Melbourne then this week is a given.

Pointing to round 14 is as relevant as me pointing to our recent record against WCE on this ground.;)

No doubt you have some significant inclusions compared to our last clash and it's a completely different ball game (not really, it's still footy, but you know what I mean) this time round.

Robinson will help around the stoppages, along with Judd being not sick. We'll definitely be hoping that Cox and NicNat can both play and dominate because we'll need them to.

The reason why I mentioned us scoring 103 points in round 14 is that the person I quoted said the highest score Carlton had conceded this year was 102 points. That's all.

It should be a good hard game. I think our forward line will do a better job against you guys than they did against Collingwood, and hopefully my boys will pull through.

I'm leaning towards Tuohy coming in and playing on LeCras. Just a gut feel that Tuohy could be promoted to use his disposal and legspeed to create. Yet he mightn't be ready for such an opponent.

If the result doesn't go our way, then the chicken could really come home to roost with our injuries...Kreuzer, Waite, Gibbs and the hugely underdone Russell.

Having the game at Subi helps us but if you are able to get the ball through or over our press then guys like Betts and Garlett will have a field day running back into open space towards goal.

Whoever wins it will be a tight game

Will go down as one of the worst terms along with "due diligence" and "frontal pressure"
Not directed at you Keyser Soze, but for the usual suspects that continue to use them.

I also see it is a tight game on the field, but just a little concerned for our shooting on goal.
Hoping to get it on the positive side of the ledger, just for a change.

I really feel as if Hammer should play. Against Cox and NicNat i think youd need at least 3 ruckman/Talls to combat some of there around the ground contested marking. Cox always seems to push back in defence and spoils /take those grabs and if we are relying on our small forwards we need to try and get them as much chance as possible. Warnock will be run ragged by cox, and isnt as athletic as both of the WCE ruckman. We will need Hammer to play CHF, Setants at FF and Thorton Half forward. Unfortunately it must be horses for courses this weekend against the eagles

I haven't read the whole thread, so it's more than likely been mentioned. We play this ground really well, they beat us at Etihad were we play shit.
I'm pretty confident about this one.

Blues by 26.

M not so confident, we have a good chance but eagles deserve to be favouratives. Sure, we were a little underdone the last time we played them but they beat us comfortably.

it's on their home ground, which we play well, but it's in front of their home crowd. It's a final and they lost their first one and won't want to go out straight sets

Also they almost had the Pies with five minutes to go, yet had players like Shuey & the Selwoods, and some others, a little stage fright in their first final. They also lost Cox early and get Kerr back this week, and can't be underestimated.

From our end, we'll be without Gibbs it seems, and we'll have to travel. Just hope we don't suffer a let down after winning our first final in a decade. But on the up, against Essendon we began playing that confident style of football that took us places early - mid year. Also, our little men will love the wide open spaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back