Preview 1st Semi Final - Carlton v West Coast Sat 17th Sep at Patersons Stadium - Team/post #551

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1st Semi Final - Carlton v West Coast Sat 17th Sep at Patersons Stadium

I'm convinced umpires even up free kicks whenever possible.

I've also noticed that Carlton very rarely get a free kick in the forward line. They're usually paid in the midfield or defence, yet our opposition seem to get plenty forward...

I had a shoulder strain (was a tendon, my doc wasn't specific but lifting it was painful but not unbearable) a year back and I played european handball with it (lots of throwing catching involved). So you can play through them IMO. But if it risks Gibbs long term we will put him in cotton wool

Gibbs will play had the same injury twice, hurts like he'll but you can play.

Davies out for hammer

A jab should do ???

Hammer yes definitely in the goal square

I'm convinced umpires even up free kicks whenever possible.

I've also noticed that Carlton very rarely get a free kick in the forward line. They're usually paid in the midfield or defence, yet our opposition seem to get plenty forward...

Most F50 frees are paid against a defender for holding, and this usually only happens to taller or lead up forwards (of which we lack).

After that, its 'in the back' frees, and the umps appear to have put the whistle away on them for the finals series generally from what i saw on the weekend.

Theyve been good with not awarding frees for players who duck into tackles as well.

Hopefully the whistle gets put away for the finals, and only blatant ones get paid.

Someone on the West Coast board has mentioned that Glass will be carrying a groin into Saturday nights match.

So that is Kerr,Cox and Glass under injury clouds?

A lot of experience there

Someone on the West Coast board has mentioned that Glass will be carrying a groin into Saturday nights match.
I hear 43 other players hope to be carrying a groin into the match too. :thumbsu:

I hear 43 other players hope to be carrying a groin into the match too. :thumbsu:

lol quality:thumbsu: But yes Glass will be carrying some sort of groin injury into this match. No one knows to what extent but i'd doubt it will slow him down at all. Cox will play but more than likely with some sort of distress. He has played with injuries before and we need him around the ground. Naitanui will obviously beat anyone when it comes to centre square taps but around the ground he struggles as he is hardly ever needed with Cox having elite endurance. Warnock isn't a big body so Naitanui might be able to muscle his way to the front.

Warnock had a huge game last week despite being against woeful ruckman like Hille and Ryder he still managed to impress me. Kerr will 100% play. He was going to play against Collingwood and trained fine showing no distress but he woke up sore and put the team first knowing he would be a liability. He has no problem performing after a long time out of the game but and is still our best midfielder by a long way.

Will be a cracker of a game, lucky enough to get tickets to the game and am going with my mate who's a Carlton supporter.... Will be a long ride home for one of us.

lol quality:thumbsu: But yes Glass will be carrying some sort of groin injury into this match. No one knows to what extent but i'd doubt it will slow him down at all. Cox will play but more than likely with some sort of distress. He has played with injuries before and we need him around the ground. Naitanui will obviously beat anyone when it comes to centre square taps but around the ground he struggles as he is hardly ever needed with Cox having elite endurance. Warnock isn't a big body so Naitanui might be able to muscle his way to the front.

Warnock had a huge game last week despite being against woeful ruckman like Hille and Ryder he still managed to impress me. Kerr will 100% play. He was going to play against Collingwood and trained fine showing no distress but he woke up sore and put the team first knowing he would be a liability. He has no problem performing after a long time out of the game but and is still our best midfielder by a long way.

Will be a cracker of a game, lucky enough to get tickets to the game and am going with my mate who's a Carlton supporter.... Will be a long ride home for one of us.

Sorry but not v Hampson....

Portals%5C0%5Ccarlton_images%5CGalleries%5CGallery-Rd14-2010%5C07-hampson-rd14-2010-450.jpg

Sorry but not v Hampson....

Portals%5C0%5Ccarlton_images%5CGalleries%5CGallery-Rd14-2010%5C07-hampson-rd14-2010-450.jpg

You'd think he'd be in the team if he was able to win as many taps as Naitanui

[YOUTUBE]KO5cv4zkoeg[/YOUTUBE] Naitanui has the equal draft camp record for running leap doesn't he.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ If we're second to the ball that frequently, we're stuffed.

nobody strong enough to carry the big balls of ellard and army

You'd think he'd be in the team if he was able to win as many taps as Naitanui.
\

Youd' think he didnt get in jured in round 17 when he was in form and flying. Youd also think he didnt come back from injury two weeks ago and handt kicked 9 goals in a game and a half for the bullants.

you could think a lot of things.

If Gibbs play he would probably be matched up on waters. I would looking forward to beau roughing up some feathers on gibbs. This is going to be a major factor if he plays. If you know woosha he will give a license for waters to go in very hard and 'fair'. Will the carlton medical staff going to risk a sprain to a tear for a final.

However it should be a good match

B: Duigan---------Jamison-------Laidler

H: Russell--------Henderson------Yarran

C: Scotland-------Carrazzo-------Robinson

H: Walker---------Thornton------Simpson

F: Garlett---------O'Halpin--------Betts

RR: Warnock, Judd, Murphy

Bench: Hampson, Joseph, Armfield, Sub: Ellard

In: Russell, Hampson
Out: Gibbs, Davies

Will they play Robbo on Hurn? Can't wait for this game but I fear the Eagles on the main board have spoken and we have already lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back