1st T20 Australia v West Indies Feb 9 1830hrs @ Bellerive Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Steve Smith is a better T20 player than Marcus Stoinis.

And Im not having any bar for defences for Stoin.

No he isn’t and not at no6/7. Syoinis has been outstanding for us in t20 internationally

I feel for the kids, who grew up looking at their idols.

Its becoming a game year by year, where there is possibly a class divide.

I have Kayo but the game should be on free to air to encourage kids and families to attend. You would hate to see it become like: Rugby union (where its played by private schools in Australia), tennis (sort of considered an elitist sport), golf (can only really access overseas tournaments by subscription)

Looking at the crowd numbers in Hobart, maybe there was not enough promotion. Maybe people dont even know the game is even on?
For a city a touch over 200k its not that bad. Being a work night, people would not have time to come down from the other half of the state after knock-off. Indeed a 5-7 hour round trip for a 4 hour match not expecting a contest, not many would have done for a Saturday night either.
Demographics mean Tassie really needs Saturday games (Sunday OK in school holidays) to allow more people to attend, but being a market too small to care about usually just means getting the dregs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No he isn’t and not at no6/7. Syoinis has been outstanding for us in t20 internationally
I understand but 2 years is a long time in cricket.

His strikes in BBL 13 for the most part and SA20 were poor.

Sad to say this but he probably gives you the 1 good game out of 8 games or so these days.

For a city a touch over 200k its not that bad. Being a work night, people would not have time to come down from the other half of the state after knock-off. Indeed a 5-7 hour round trip for a 4 hour match not expecting a contest, not many would have done for a Saturday night either.
Demographics mean Tassie really needs Saturday games (Sunday OK in school holidays) to allow more people to attend, but being a market too small to care about usually just means getting the dregs.
Im not dissing the crowd. I think thats a pretty fair crowd.

Even the city where I am now, Perth , we have had Behrendorff doing the promotion in the week up leading to next Tuesdays game. But aside from the news report I watched, there has been very little promotion.

I reckon Perth might struggle to get 1/3rd of the capacity for next Tuesdays game.

I understand but 2 years is a long time in cricket.

His strikes in BBL 13 for the most part and SA20 were poor.

Sad to say this but he probably gives you the 1 good game out of 8 games or so these days.

Again BBL form is NOT international form who cares about some mickie mouse domestic form. Stoinis gives a bowling option

Tuesday’s game starts at 4pm local!

Warner was pretty good I reckon you can notice diminishing power in his shots though, a lot of his lofted shots stay inside the ropes compared to the younger Davey.. or I could be just trippin'

I feel for the kids, who grew up looking at their idols.

Its becoming a game year by year, where there is possibly a class divide.

I have Kayo but the game should be on free to air to encourage kids and families to attend. You would hate to see it become like: Rugby union (where its played by private schools in Australia), tennis (sort of considered an elitist sport), golf (can only really access overseas tournaments by subscription)

Looking at the crowd numbers in Hobart, maybe there was not enough promotion. Maybe people dont even know the game is even on?
The location of Bellerive has always deterred a lot from attending unfortunately and it's not a warm night so many would of just chose to watch it on Television.
Yes only 253,000 in Hobart so still pretty good for the population.

Held Australia to a reasonable but can Windies put a couple of quick fires together. !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Its a very good batting wicket. West Indies will back themselves with their power packed batting lineup.

Just never know.

David Warner batted well. The best he has in this form for a while.

Inglis will be hard to get shoved down the order based on that effort today.

Marsh looked rusty with COVID.

Maxwell will be better with more games under his belt.

Stoinis isnt the solution for Australia at 5. There is a spot for maybe a better player like Matt Short to take.

Tim David also like Warner batted well. Its interesting to note the guys that came from ILT20 are playing well today.

Wade looked solid at 7.

NYRB
True enough. There is also that T20 seems to mostly mean BBL, internationals don't seem to mean a lot.

No T20 means anything to me, but T20Is seem to a bit like SoO was in its late stages in footy. Those who do care about T20 care about the league game and not the rep game. Part of that may be being hidden from most people, part that CA haven't worked out how to market without FTA.

Back