1st TEST: SOUTH AFRICA vs WEST INDIES, Pt Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Delta Bravo is out, Ntini and Gibbs collide in the feild.

At least the Windies look like they have some good techniques, Sammy looks very correct.

very unusual grip on the bat though with sammy and i guess the techniques comment doesn't apply for shiv :p

Yeah it was general observation, they've had Aussie Bennett King coaching them now John Dyson, so it'll mean these guys are getting taught some good batting tech, the young guys I've seen all look pretty good, early days yet though.

gibbs must be under some sort of pressure... 25 tests without a century, this will be 26 if he doesn't get one in the second dig...

it's amazing that the west indies have only won 3 times in the last 4 years and a bit... 2 of which are against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. In essense, its 1 win from their last 37 tests since mid 2003.... They have some good cricketers, but they are just so inconsistent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long since Grumpy Smith got a century ?
He had another failure.He's struggling to get runs in Test and ODI.He'd be out the door if he wasn't captain.

Grumpy muppet never makes runs but they won't drop him. He got a test ton 3 tests ago in Pakistan so that will shore him up with there not being much competition over there. 28 off 31 balls then playing across the line to a swinging delivery is irresponsible for a captain. Muppet has made a lot of runs in ODI's recently if I recall correctly. Gibbs hasn't scored a test ton for a couple of years now and seems to go out in the first over a lot. Amla is not that flash. Without Kallis they'd really struggle and with him making a duck they are.

Chanderpaul is amazingly consistent these days and that's with a dodgy technique.

i wouldnt enforce the follow on if tey get it. Go back in to bat, get a lead of 400 odd again probly and bowl them out IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

1st TEST: SOUTH AFRICA vs WEST INDIES, Pt Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back