1st TEST: SOUTH AFRICA vs WEST INDIES, Pt Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

It's scary to think about next summer here. The pathetic kiwis are coming for 3 tests to be followed by the Proteas who can't even mix it with the shyte Windies in their own backyard. Their batting is appalling and their pedestrian attack will get smashed on our pitches. I think their attack is even worse when they last came with Nel truly poor and Ntini a lot worse than he was a few years ago.,

It's scary to think about next summer here. The pathetic kiwis are coming for 3 tests to be followed by the Proteas who can't even mix it with the shyte Windies in their own backyard. Their batting is appalling and their pedestrian attack will get smashed on our pitches. I think their attack is even worse when they last came with Nel truly poor and Ntini a lot worse than he was a few years ago.,
And Steyn dominating world cricket?

Good on em. I reckon when you're away from home, and the home side has got within 250 runs without avoiding the follow on, you bat again and put them right out of it.

What they need now is a Chris Gayle special to really get the Windies in an unassailable position.

This game is following a similar pattern to the MCG Test. However, I didn't think it would be West Indies in this position.

Except the pitch isn't a crumblin. SA still probably think NZ and their embarrassing side is there.

This game is following a similar pattern to the MCG Test. However, I didn't think it would be West Indies in this position.

Not surprising really given how poor the Protea techniques are. And most of them haven't played any first class cricket for 3 weeks while the Windies have been playing warm-up games.

south africa are an embarassment. in the brief commentary spell i watched last night they said the saffers had been taking time off and had an easy preparation/lead-up to this series.

well it's showing!

south africa are an embarassment. in the brief commentary spell i watched last night they said the saffers had been taking time off and had an easy preparation/lead-up to this series.

well it's showing!

Yes none of them have played any four day cricket since the kiwi series. They were all given a break but the Windies have been preparing hard. May cost them their first ever test loss on home soil. They did that in the lead-up to the first test against India last year and were bowled out for 84. They're a poor team so why are they so complacent?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes none of them have played any four day cricket since the kiwi series. They were all given a break but the Windies have been preparing hard. May cost them their first ever test loss on home soil. They did that in the lead-up to the first test against India last year and were bowled out for 84. They're a poor team so why are they so complacent?

First test loss against the Windies on home soil?

Yes, they haven't lost a test to them in SA and have only lost a couple overall. Have never lost a series to them either. Not looking good for them though, they seem to be on a downward spiral with their test cricket these days.

Yeah I know, but you didn't clarify that in your original post ;)

Smith the great captain to lead his team to victory with a wonderful batting display.[/sarcasm]

Don't let CrazyQ hear you say that! :eek: Now if he is the leader that CrazyQ thinks he is by getting them to 2nd in the world he will make a sizeable contribution, so he should be happy to make 15-20 before failing. ;)

west indies 8/146, a lead of 359. This could be a very interesting run chase.

WI probably have enough runs up their sleeves, but another 40 odd runs would be a huge pshyological advantage for them. Will be a massive massive upset if WI get up in this one.

WI probably have enough runs up their sleeves, but another 40 odd runs would be a huge pshyological advantage for them. Will be a massive massive upset if WI get up in this one.

Not really, SA is weak and often struggle in the first home test in December after they rest their players which they did last year and got rolled by India.

The windies would be much more comfortable with a 380-390 but watching some of the game early this morning that pitch will start to be unplayable late day 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

1st TEST: SOUTH AFRICA vs WEST INDIES, Pt Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back